katy tx trying for long

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Gitthatdawg, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Gitthatdawg

Gitthatdawg Active Member

I am from Katy just getting in to the long rang stuff. I ahve done a little shooting but on a quest for info. and maybe a good school to goto.nif there are any shooters in houston area that would like to share i would like to talk and shoot.

2. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Welcome aboard.

I didn't think is was possible to do long range shooting in TX? Too many oil wells!:D Plus it's too hot and too low. He air is a bit thick down there.:)

Yep, this is a good place to learn. Also, a good place to get bum dope from the dumb ones like me.:rolleyes:

Snoop around for the "find me on the map" feature. You'll see the locations of those in your area. Seems to me, there are quite a few.

Spent a lot of time in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Conroe and Wacksahatchie (sp) a few years back. Did the hawg thing with dogs. T'was scary as hades on a dark night!!!

3. Gitthatdawg

Gitthatdawg Active Member

yea we do the dogs and hogs thing. of corse long rang for that is a 12" knife. i have a local 600 yard range about 5 min from my house just no fun learning by you self plus the guy your with dont know shipp. I hunt in kansas was in the army there made a lot of friends. we also have the hill country and western plains it is easy to shoot 1000yrds +. it is to hot and we do alot of fishing in the bays and gulf this time of year. Who cares about a little tar balls:D:D. i just got a 270 wsm and puttin a new barrel on my 7mag was going to do the 257 weatherby thing but decided not to. thanks for the reply

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks-see you just met Roy:)-he's one of many good folks here. Also there's lots of good info. Enjoy.

5. MSLRHunter

MSLRHunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, you will find all the info you could ever need here. Really, this is a great forum with some great guys that are very knowledgeable.