Kahles Scope with multi-zero?

G

Saw this scope from Cabelas. Only one size 3x9x42 1" tube.
Has 5 zero points to sight in with.

Looks interesting but haven't been able to find out anything about it. Kahles doesn't even mention it on their website.

Anyone hear about this?

You may be referring to the TDS reticle system that Kahles and Swarovski have licensed. Run a search on TDS and you will find lots of info.
Looks like a little Xmas tree under the crosshair intersection. Works good out to 5-600 yards, great with muzzleloaders out to 250.

The TDS system also gives you a 10mph wind correction and a running game lead POI. System designed by an Air Force pilot who was a shooter. He designed the system like an advanced weapons display on a jet fighter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

No definitely not the TDS system. Look on Cabelas.com

This scope has 5 sight in points.

Look on Kahles or Swarovski's web sites as per TDS system & how it works. It is designed to be sighted in for about 200 yds, with the other stadia for 300-600 yds. The wind drift stadia are also based on these yardages. It works good, considering that it is a hunting reticle and only close. The shooter needs to actually fire at given ranges and find out his actual impact point for each stadia. That is why I said about 200 yds. You can cheat the cross hairs to bring the other stadia in line with a shooters desired trajectory. Just takes a little work on paper and in the field. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Check out this scope at cabelas. It is not the TDS reticle.
According to cabelas, you can sight this in with 5 different zeros and switch back and forth to the one you want to use. It has nothing to do with the reticle at all.

You were right. I never have seen a multidistance reticle that wasn't cam driven for a specific load. The new Kahles looks interesting. Now I guess only time will tell if it really works and will stay zeroed with heavy recoil. Kahles C1 could set a new trend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would try it out. But for that money I want more models to choose from.

If it work, it would be awesome.

I see it.

Looks like a neat "gimmick". The base "Zero" lock is actually a nice feature and is probably a bit like the NightForce Zero Stop. The rest appears to be a standard "jazzed up" target turret with user adjustable "calibration" marks... Like the Leupold M3 cams but user defineable.

Without further examination this seems to me to be a standard target turret scope with a few "neat" features. My Leupold has an infinite number of sight-in points from the look of it, no "Base Zero" stop though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Ian, Iwent to Cabelas.com and searched under scopes for Kahles. It is already in the new Cabela 2005 Shooting catalog that just arrived. It is technically called the Kahles CL multi-zero. Specs: 3X9X42,side focus, 1" tube,matte finish, 3.6" eye relief, 12" long, 14.9 oz, 39-15 FOV 100 yds. Cabela price: $969.99. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.