Just want to say thanks to Local Mt. guys

linksmechanic

I hunted Mt. the last 2 years and have a really good time with the local guys. I was born here in Id. and lived in Red Lodge for 7. Been hunting the eastern cabinets for the last 2 years and I've gained alot of respect for the locals. I almost hunt exclusively there now because of this fact. Less atvs friendly people, less roads. I really think Mt. has there act together in respect to game management over Idaho. Thanks.

I hunted Mt. the last 2 years and have a really good time with the local guys. I was born here in Id. and lived in Red Lodge for 7. Been hunting the eastern cabinets for the last 2 years and I've gained alot of respect for the locals. I almost hunt exclusively there now because of this fact. Less atvs friendly people, less roads. I really think Mt. has there act together in respect to game management over Idaho. Thanks.

Roger that!

Been thinkin' of headin' to MT myself. Just crossing over the divide makes a difference.

Sure does. A good example of the difference between the 2 states was shown today. I pull up to a gate above priest river(no motorized vehicles) at 4 am and hike down to the side of a nice clear cut about 2 miles down the road. Sit in there until it's almost light when i see an atv cut down off the main road through some trees and comes blowing by me. I really don't know how I don't lose my temper. This has happened time and time again. Come on people get off your *** and walk for a change! Oh well it is what it is right?

Sure does. A good example of the difference between the 2 states was shown today. I pull up to a gate above priest river(no motorized vehicles) at 4 am and hike down to the side of a nice clear cut about 2 miles down the road. Sit in there until it's almost light when i see an atv cut down off the main road through some trees and comes blowing by me. I really don't know how I don't lose my temper. This has happened time and time again. Come on people get off your *** and walk for a change! Oh well it is what it is right?

a 2x4 and some 8 penny nails buried in his "New Trail" might make his day.:)

wheelers have a place in hunting but it's ON the Posted TRAILS

I have lived in ID and MT and no offense to the ID folks, but Montana's hunting and fishing opportunities are a lot better. But ID is a whole lot better than some other places I've been.

As for ATVs being where they're not supposed to be, it happens here to. I'm gonna start talking ot these guys and getting plate numbers. Absolutly no reason for it when they do have trails they can use.

Mark

I know what you mean about the MT folks. I met a guy who was visiting my neck of the woods back in 1994 who was from the Missoula/Lolo area. We hit it off pretty well and I've been hunting back there with him just about every year ever since. Our families are all good friends and have camped together quite a few times as well. Also have friends up in Havre and down in the Bozeman area. All real good people. I wish there were more opportunities for my line of work and I'd be back there in a heart beat.

Being that I am a Montanan, I feel that I am qualified to comment.

First off, thank you for your comments about my state. We love it here and we love to have visitors as long as they "behave themselves".

Treat Montana and Montanans right as we will darned near give you the shirt off of our back (for some Montanans we prefer they left thier shirts on)

I am glad you have enjoyed your self..come on back ya hear

a 2x4 and some 8 penny nails buried in his "New Trail" might make his day.:)

wheelers have a place in hunting but it's ON the Posted TRAILS

The similiar thought has gone though my pea brain but it has to be horse proof. I prefer thinking about the engine block bullet hole in the parked wheeler. This way we maintain our long range hunting methods.

Funny, I hunted ID last 4 yrs. and had a bull down, trying to catch up w/ my buddy and a ID dude made me a sandwich and wanted to help pack out elk:D:D Was a few to many John Wayne qaud trails . I let the local F&g know the locations, there is plenty to run open, I know because I hAVE A ROKON, but I found many cut horse trails also, in the wilderness. I do like how ID limits the hunting with A-B TAG, AND UNITS. i think it helps pread out hunters more

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.