Just Starting out

i just purchased a new stock and scope for my 7mm-08. im going to try some longer range shooting. i put a 6-24 BSA tactical scope on it and a boyds featherweight thumbhole stock. im going to be messin around with a 120g nosler ballistic tip. any tips or opinions? anybody else use a 7mm08 and what is a realistic range i can reach with just a standard barrel savage rifle??

thank you, yes im going to be reloading myself. looking at a 120 ballistic tip, going to load 41,43,and 45 grains of varget and see which shoots best. this is going to be my groundhog/target gun. i will more than likely never use it for long range deer hunting but its always and option

The 7-08 is a great caliber for deer and varmints. The 120 grain bullet seems to be the standard weight for the cartridge. The BC of the 120 is not great. give some consideration to the 140 grain bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.