Just somethin kinda cute

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Well since i dont have any kids of my own i live vicariously through my buddies that do. This is my cousin Ryan and his daughter Isabel. I think it will be a few years before she actually gets to pull the trigger on it but Ryan is using his last 6 years of training in the USMC to show her the proper form.

Thought yall might like these
steve
100_3266.jpg

100_3267.jpg

That is great she looks like she's having a good time.

I hope my daughter wants to pick up on things like that. Although I have some time, she's only 3 weeks old. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is that the .22 they call the Cricket?

That's a Crickett.

I'm proud to say that's my neice!! Very cute. I figure I'd better wait a year or two since mine is only 18 mo. old!!

My son started shooting one of those (NOT pink) when he was 4 years old (under very close supervision.) He's now 7 and can hit clay pidgeons and soda cans at 100 yards with ease. Start 'em young and right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I must admit that I have taken my 5 y/o munchkin to the shooting bench a couple of times (22mag lever action). Forgot to discuss this practice with my wife first.

Imagine the dinner conversation when the little girl says, "Daddy, can you let me shoot the gun again? The small one, not that big one, but the one that I can hold. PAAAAAHHHHHHHLLLLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE!"

Oh, yeah. Good conversation after that.

I cant agree more with teaching kids about guns at an early age. It is a double coincidence seeing this post. I first posted this picture of my oldest son (who is almost 9 now) May second of 07, almost exactly 2 years ago.
whistlepigforums.JPG

The other coincidence was this evening he joined me on a bear hunting trip and for the first time wore a real pistol on his belt. It was my Berretta m21 in condition 3 (3.5 actually.This gun also allows the safety to be on with the hammer fully down) and he was never more than 6 feet from me the entire time. The evenings lesson was to trust the holster. No fiddlin' with or touching or adjusting or looking at or holding the gun was allowed. Just wear it and get used to it being there. Same as his first pocket/camping knife. He can carry it in the appropriate setting but no touching till he cleared it with me or mom. He did great and seems to understand that as he shows he can handle little responsabilities he will be offered more.

Shooting and hunting and gun ownership encumpas many things. It is a life sport, a tradition, part of our heritage and history and culture. At a young age they learn to exercise, celebrate thanksgiving and the 4th of july. They learn about Columbus and George Washington and about our history of fighting to become and stay free as well as learning to not speak to strangers and learning to take helpful actions in emergencies like fire drills and calling 911. Learning about guns (and all the different facets of owning guns) early should blend naturaly into all of these lessons.

JS,

where can I get some of those boots for my little girl? She likes to accessorize her hunting attire too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great picture.

Jeff

James

I have looked all over for pink boots for groundhog hunting and just can't seem to find a pair big enough to fit me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is awesome! She will love it.

I will also use a small word of caution when getting her started. To cock the cricket you must pull the hammer or pin staight back. A lot of little ones want to slide their thumb under it just like we would if our hands were that small. When they fire it will pinch their little thumb. AS long as you watch it you will be fine, I just wanted to give a heads up on it. If you look close in that 2nd picture you can see what I am talking about.

I only know this because my little girl got one for her 3rd birthday in March this year and she LOVES it. She has shot over 2 brick of ammo out of it so far. I cut her stock down and dremelled the part under the cocking device down so she can slide her thumb under it without it pinching her.

It is awesome to see people passing this stuff on!

Here are a couple of pictures when she first got it before we cut it down. She was shooting at turtles! Obviously shooting like we are in the pictures I have to help but, off of a bench and rest she handles it pretty well. I wish I had some pictures off the bench but, my wife did not think of it until we were headed back to the house!

Pictures254.jpg

Pictures256.jpg

That is just outstanding! I'm hoping my little girl will be ready soon. Mom got her a chipmunk on her first Christmas. A walnut/blued model. One day in the gun shop she saw the pink lam/stainless. Her eyes lit up and she says "I'm going to take this home!" She is my little girl!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.