just picked up two new HS's

Re: just picked up two new HS\'s

Don't have the 338 or the 6.5 in the WSM, but have kept tabs on your experience with the 338. were you able to take care of the stock issue with the 338 WSM? Didn't you build Mark Hampton a 6.5 WSM on the XP action as well? I bought my first HS from Mark, it is the black 308 he wrote about in a couple of his articles and his book. I guess it is his fault I got addicted to the HS's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I plan on trying the 180 gr BT's and the 200 gr accubonds in the 325 first.

Hshunter,

I have built several XPs for Mark. He is a great guy. If I remember correctly I built him a 223 Rem, 6.5 WSM and a 308 Win. I have his 284 Win in the shop right now to be overhauled and rebarreled.

On the 338, yes I got things figured out. What you have to do is install some steel rods down into the grip. I used three of them, threaded heat treated steel rod.

THen you also have to inlay a section of steel rod behind each recoil lug contact area to prevent stock set back on the wood stocks. Works very well finally after breaking that stock twice!!!

The 180s and 200s should be impressive in the 325.

Keep us posted.

Kirby Allen(50)

According to the magazines they will not chamber into each other. That is why the 7 WSM has a different shoulder location. But then again never say never!

Great looking handguns.

hshunter,

You have one nice collection!
The only problem I can see is which one to pick for a hunt.
Tough problem....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.