Just ordered a Vectronixs Terrapin PLRF05!

here are your pictures...

DSCN3813.JPG

DSCN3814.JPG

DSCN3815.JPG

DSCN38161.JPG

DSCN3817.JPG

Sendero_Man,

I'm a little confused, I thought you just said these were canceled on page2 of this thread? Now you have photos of it? Not critizing you, am just confused!

I'm very interested in purchasing one... Where can I get info on pricing? Do you sell them?

yes, that is what a Vendor told me.

this thread is on Snipershide also. I was sent the pictures by the OP. I just put them up for him.

I have since contacted the Vendor here in the US to ask pricing and availability of said unit.

will let you know when I hear back from them.

thanks SM

Just got an email from Potomac River group. I inquired about the PLRF05 and the PLRF25C. I was told they were waiting on pricing from Vectronix, witch is expected today or tomorrow. After that they would be able to tell me retail and availability.

Did I read correctly that the PLRF-05 has the same beam divergence as Leica?

As per data sent to me..

the PLRF05 has divergence of :

Beam divergence, typical 0.4 x 2.4 mil

What is the Leica you are talking about ? the BRF and CRF ?

the CRF 1600 is :

approx. 0.5 x 2.5 mrad
Laser beam divergence

Last edited:
Please post updates...

Potomac just sent me pricing in an email. Just inder $2k US on the PLRF05. Pre-order now and 4-6 week delivery. I asked about literature and warranty info. I'll reply when I hear back. Does anybody know the warranty offered by Vectronix? 2k is a lot to drop on a rangefinder. I'm familiar with the warranties offered by the big optic companies. Just wondering if Vectronix is on par with the rest of the best for warranty stuff.

Potomac just sent me pricing in an email. Just inder $2k US on the PLRF05. Pre-order now and 4-6 week delivery. I asked about literature and warranty info. I'll reply when I hear back. Does anybody know the warranty offered by Vectronix? 2k is a lot to drop on a rangefinder. I'm familiar with the warranties offered by the big optic companies. Just wondering if Vectronix is on par with the rest of the best for warranty stuff.

The warranty is 1 year and I think they will be offering up to a 4 years additional warranty option that you can pay per year. I am waiting for how much the pricing will be per year.
elmer

Hi guys, I was out today on the mountain in my city so I had a nice view of distant buildings and people walking around and was ranging using the PLRF05, conditions were mainly sunny with a few clouds and it was about 2:30pm. I ranged people at 950 to about 1250yards in a park, I also got my longest range with this unit to date it was on a churh steeple that was grayish in colour and I got 4 readings in a row of between 4965yards and 4969yards, so in summary this unit ranges way better than the top 3 usual suspects Zeiss,Swaro, Leica.
Elmer

Hi guys, I was out today on the mountain in my city so I had a nice view of distant buildings and people walking around and was ranging using the PLRF05, conditions were mainly sunny with a few clouds and it was about 2:30pm. I ranged people at 950 to about 1250yards in a park, I also got my longest range with this unit to date it was on a churh steeple that was grayish in colour and I got 4 readings in a row of between 4965yards and 4969yards, so in summary this unit ranges way better than the top 3 usual suspects Zeiss,Swaro, Leica.
Elmer

Thanks for the report. Can we get you to take it out into the field and range a deer size target while you are prone on the ground?

Thanks for the report. Can we get you to take it out into the field and range a deer size target while you are prone on the ground?

Heading deer hunting to Sask in a few weeks and I should have plenty of deer to range at those distances, but so far deer at 1000yards should'nt be a problem at all as long as your steady it will give you the right reading, even around here I will probably find some deer out to those distances too,but I will definately let you know when I am back.
Elmer

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.