Just ordered a Vectronixs Terrapin PLRF05!

elmerdeer

I just placed an order for the Terrapin PLRF05 rangefinder sight unseen, other than the pdf file some members from the hide sent me. Should have it end of next week hopefully. I have the Swaro rangefinder which I will be comparing it too. I will post my findings here. Price I am paying in Canada is $2250 shipping duties and taxes included. Lets hope it out ranges my swaro on animals. Beam size is .4 x 2.4mils and magnification is 5x. If anyone here has gotten achance to use one let me know. Release date was supposed to be spring 2012 but I guess they have started sending some out, still not on their website.
Elmerdeer

I got a set of plrf 15cs today, amazing. only been able to range the length of my backyard range but 800 is instant ranging.

I got a set of plrf 15cs today, amazing. only been able to range the length of my backyard range but 800 is instant ranging.

Congrats man!!! I can't wait to hear your opinion of them after you stretch their legs. Very very nice units with no excuses.

Jeff

just got this email from Potomac Group this morning after sending one asking for more data on the PLRF05......

The PLRF05 will not be manufactured. They are working on a PLRF25. It may come out at next year's SHOT show. That is all the information that was communicated to me from Vectronix Corporate

just got this email from Potomac Group this morning after sending one asking for more data on the PLRF05......

The PLRF05 will not be manufactured. They are working on a PLRF25. It may come out at next year's SHOT show. That is all the information that was communicated to me from Vectronix Corporate

That is not what i have heard about the PLRF05, supposedly they are in stock and ready to ship. Its like they're communication with their distributors is not clear. I have paid my distributor for the PLRF05 already and i am just waiting for it so lets see how this plays out.
Elmer

follow up reply when I told them people have ordered them.....

There have been some unauthorized companies taking deposits for this item. I was sitting in on a Vectronix meeting when this topic came up. Unless they're not sharing something with me, it is my understanding the 05 was scrapped and they're designing the 25 model. I have no other information on this. I wish I could tell you more, but that is all I know

follow up reply when I told them people have ordered them.....

There have been some unauthorized companies taking deposits for this item. I was sitting in on a Vectronix meeting when this topic came up. Unless they're not sharing something with me, it is my understanding the 05 was scrapped and they're designing the 25 model. I have no other information on this. I wish I could tell you more, but that is all I know

This is part of the conversation I had with their distributor,

( Vectronix told me in June that Terrapin was not coming out until mid-2012. Now, they say that it is in stock and that they can deliver "within days". Price including import & delivery to you in Canada is $2,150 plus GST.)
Elmer

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.