Just need one more part and its off to Kevin Cram.....

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by ICANHITHIMMAN, Jun 9, 2009.

1. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

I just got in the mail from Pete Lincon at Roedale Precision the last of the parts for my budget Vanguard build I am still waiting on my MCST stock from Tom Manners.

I realy like this brake but I have no Idea what the little screw on top does?

Vanguard action from Jim Borden
    Blackstar barrel (which I know isnt the best) From another forum member
    Kevin Cram at Mountour County Rifles trued the action (he turned it around in a week)
    Bottom metal, action screws, bolt stop, trigger work and muzzle brake from Pete on a trade for some 375cal Lehigh bullets
    New NightForce 20MOA rail of a member over at the hide

I am just waiting on word from Tom Manners on how long it will take to get my stock. I have no Idea how long that might take but I dont care as I have wanted one for a long while. I still have not decided on 300WM or 300RUM? But I am always looking for input........

I will update the thread again when the stock comes in and after Kevin gets done with it. I hope he rembers he is doing the work HA HA.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

The apprehension is building - I can tell. Hope you get it in time for the fall season's. Look forward to your updates.

That's a different looking muzzle brake. Look's like it should be effective. Did you research that one prior to purchase?

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

no research on the brake Pete kind of threw it in I was not going to use one. I have a 260rem that I will be using this fall just waiting on the email from Kirby.