Just interesting "what two guns"

rotorhead

Just interesting \"what two guns\"

I was just setting here wondering around this site and stumbled on the "What 1 rifle to choose" subject. I was interested in what everyone had to say because I have been asked this by many of friend over the years, these people just want to hunt and they are not shooters persay, like all us nuts here.

I've made many suggestions, 270,30-06 all your common stuff but I chose the 25-06AI on the orginial post, but really I don't know if I could do it with only one.
so,here is the new question

"What two guns would you choose for the rest of your life"

Mine are the 300 wby and the 25-06AI. Customs of course.The 25 is owned and the 300 is on it way. leupolds on both 4.5-14x40 LR

I noticed on the last post that there were alot of 7mm It should be interesting if this changes or not!

Re: Just interesting \"what two guns\"

My main gun is also a .25-06AI... but if a two gun battery where in order I'd leave it off the list. I built it as a solution to my "one-gun" for everything quandry. It does well on everything from chucks to deer and bears... I have never shot an Elk with it, but I wouldn't hesitate to take it on an Elk hunt. Here are my two:

Small gun: 6mm Rem. Enough gun for any deer on the planet, and is a great varmint round too. Can shoot 55s up to the 115 VLDs.

Big gun: .375 H&H... Enough gun for Elk though the stuff that can eat you or stomp you. And, it still shoots flat enough to handle some misc. mid-range duties too.
~JT

I think I would rather have my trigger finger yanked off with vice grips than to narrow my gun cabinet down to two choices....but if I had to...it would either be a 22-250ai and a 300rum. The 22-250 for coyotes/antelope on down and the 300 for everything else; or I would go with a 6AI and one of the 338s, either a rum or rm. The 6 for any deer on down and the 338 for elk and such.

Man, 2 guns, what a bummer. My wife still jokes about when I finally filled my (first) gun cabinet...I celibrated by going out and buying another gun.

2 rifles for big game? or 2 rifles for all game on the planet?

Huge diff.

[ QUOTE ]
2 rifles for big game? or 2 rifles for all game on the planet?

Huge diff.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are absolutly correct. huge difference
The plant.

Rh

Ok for the planet.

375 RUM flat enough for goats and such. Big enough for the African big five.
For the varmiting..my personal choice 223 Ackey. Had one in a Fuger #1 26 " barrel. 40 gr BT's at 4040 fps. Can also use 223 store bought ammo. Either that or a standard 223. It can be made from a 22 LR to a hornet to almost a 22-250

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.