Just got my NEW edge

Mine has an overly short throat, that is just the way it was ordered from Dave originally set up to shoot from the magazine.
I don't load the magazine I only shoot single shot. I believe if I got the freebore out around .325 like my Lapua I think I could get the speeds up around 3100 or maybe more.
You may not be the only one with an "overly short throat"... I have been told that mine is built to SPEC! The Lead and Throat combined equal about 0.325". Which means that if I ever load either of the 300gr Berger/Sierra OTMs there is over 1" of the bullet buried in the case. Would you happen to be having trouble with your group sizes of the largest bullets?

Not at all. The gun is an absolute hammer! I have another one that the COAL with the same components is 4.107 so MUCH longer and while it gets the velocity it doesn't shoot any better.

Not at all. The gun is an absolute hammer! I have another one that the COAL with the same components is 4.107 so MUCH longer and while it gets the velocity it doesn't shoot any better.
Thanks.. There is no way that I can come close to those lengths. I'd be burying bullets in the riflings. I know, I tried some at 285 ELDs @ 4.020"... Horrible!
My print shows to have a max length of 3.277".

I actually traded the scope. I prefer my ATACR and I just finished a 300RUM in a similar build and put a Leupold VX3I on it.

It took 2 hogs 1051 and 902. Then I sold it to a member her Muledeer so I could start on another rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.