just got my 22-250 remington

gun_doctor

I picked up a remington 22-250 varmint rifle.
NICE rifle, what is best bullet for the 1:14 twist?
I have a lot of options, I even cast a 52 grain and a 62 grain
both are gas checked,lubed and should be great in the bolt action
any suggestions,insight or just telling me what i need :)lightbulb

52-55 is about the most you can push out of a 14 twist typically. I shoot the 52 berger flat base match bullets out of mine. They are pretty deadly on coyotes and very accurate in my tikka

dido on the post above 1-14 will not shoot much more than 55 grain bullet with any accuracy, I love the 50 grain v-max pushing 4000fps, this load blows up inside and leave no holes and they are dropped dead in there tracks

I too am shooting the 50 gr V Maxes. I have tried the 60 grain Partitions but could not stabilize them. I also just loaded some 45 gr Barnes TSX. I am pretty excited about the potential of these. However, they are more than double the price of the V Maxes.

Try the 52 A-Max with CFE223 powder. My custom 22-250 with a 28 inch barrel shoots them into a tiny hole at 4100 fps. Coyotes look like they died of old age. Very seldom an exit.
Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.