Just got an 25 06 rifle built .need load Info

redbone

Hay guys

I just got my new 25 06 in it is built on an rem 700 26 Barrel HB .

I have never owner an 25 06 so I need some Load Info .

What Load Data do you have on an 25 06 .

What size an Kind of bullets , powder Do you Use ?

Redbone

The couple that I have loaded for shot best with VV-165 and 115gr Ballistic tips , R-22 was also a very good powder but diden't give the consistancy that the VV did.

I also loaded up some 75gr V-max's out of one of them with a 27" barrel and got great accuracy at over 3800fps with R-19 I saw a small pig about 40lbs shot with this load and it almost cut it in half , would make an awsome varmint load for maximum splat.

All the brass for both of these guns was 30-06 Lapua necked down.

I was shooting 60 grains of IMR 4831 with a 75gr VMAX. Depending on weather conditions is was 3950-3990fps. Did a nice job on pd's and yotes. carefull with this load. Also shooting 115gr berger vld's with RL22. Will check notes on the amount of powder with this one.

What are you hunting? This is my go to hunting rifle I shoot deer, varmints and targets with my sendero. All my good loads are and have been with IMR-4350. I have tried 4 or 5 different powders but always go back to 4350. I shoot 100 grain bullets or less.
Deer- I shoot Sierra Pro-hunters 100 grain flat base.
Varmints- Can't beat 75 grain V-max for pure explosiveness, I own 10 boxes.
If for some reason the 75 grainers don't shoot, try the Speer 87 grain TNT.
Targets- I havent got the Berger 115 vlds to shoot yet, still trying. But have had real good results with Sierra Matchkings 100 grains, they shoot great out to 1000 yards and are still above the speed of sound.

For brass you can also use Norma 270 brass trimmed down to 25-06 length, I have had great luck with my gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts