Just finished rebarreling Tika 595

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by Rustystud, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Rustystud

Rustystud Well-Known Member

The below Tika 595 will be shot both Cross the Course and Long Range Prone with Irons. It has been rebarreled with a 28" Broughton, 1:8, 5C, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. Should be a fun gun to shoot.
    Nat Lambeth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member

How does the creedmor cartridge function in the 595 magazines? I have a M595 in 22-250 that can only last a couple more prairie dog shootsgun)
    then its on to something bigger. I was thinking of a .260 :D but you got me thinking now...lightbulb

3. loaders_loft

I never considered this before till I looked at your pics, but does the 595 action have a recoil lug??

4. Rustystud

The 6.5 Creedmore works well in the M595 magazine.

The M595 has a protrusion around the front action screw that fits in a mating receiver in the stock. This acts as a recoil lug. If you look at the pictures posted you will see what i am talking about.

Sorry for the delay in replying I havebeen so busy I have not followed up with many post.

Nat Lambeth

5. britz

britz Well-Known Member

That "recoil lug" must be similar to the principle used in the T3's?? Is there much problem with bedding these action?

Did you have to do much work truing the action... Don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but I'm curious how satisfied you are with the tikka for a custom project?

later, Mark.

6. loaders_loft

The T-3 has a metal block that engages the action and stock.

Good questions, Britz. There are getting to be so many of the tikka actions out there now (I have 2 in my safe at home:D)

7. Rustystud

The action in the photo was pretty straight. I just rebarreled it.
    Nat

8. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

I have used a 595 for 10 years. I find it to be a very smooth operating action.