Just checkin' in..

Jake in NC

Just checkin\' in..

..Hey guys.. I just recently "found" this board and thought I'd check in.. A lot of the names here look familiar.. Opportunities have arisen for some long shooting(to 1.2 mi.) and I'm stepping on out there.. Project components are on order.. I was curious to whether there were any "Long Rangers" in the central NC area..
..They finally got around to deleting "A North Carolina Varminter" from my old ISP but the new page will be up shortly.. NC Varminter
.. cyaround.. JiNC

Re: Just checkin\' in..

Howdy,Dave King.. Looks like a great place to trade ideas and experiences ya got here.. I look forward to participating.. JiNC

Jake,
I live over near Clayton and very involved with the Hawks Ridge club for a number of years now.
Have seen many of your posts over on BR Central and Xtremeaccuracy, but you always seem to get your answers before I had a chance to chime in.

Welcome aboard!

Steve

Hey Steve Shelp.. I've seen you and your children's pic out here somewhere.. Nice rifle.. I've been up to Hawks for a couple of visits just to get a looksy at the goings-on.. I came up to the Nationals but ended up yakking with Wally all day about trapping.. Oh well.. Hehehe.. Time well spent,really.. Hopefully I'll see you around.. I have plans to do a little LR plinking at the club with the new project.. We'll see how it goes.. JiNC

[ 11-01-2002: Message edited by: 6.5-06 Longrange man ]

[ 11-01-2002: Message edited by: 6.5-06 Longrange man ]

Steve Shelp I did'nt know you hung out at this site, I look forward to seeing you in the spring at Hawks Ridge and in VA. also. See YA Buddy, Jeff Motley
cool.gif

Hey Jeff, I've been on the board sinse it started. I thought maybe that was you with the initials of JM shooting a 6.5-06AI in other catagories.

Thanks again for the primers last year in VA.
rolleyes.gif

See you and hopefully Jake in February. I should have the NC schedule posted within the next week I hope.

Steve

..Hey Steve.. Is it correct that there's not any shooting at Hawks Ridge except for matches and a few other scheduled events.?? Just curious..
.. Also. Would some type of "just for fun" matches with portable equipment be of any interest to you fellas.?? I'm checking into the possibilities of putting something together down at the club in Richmond County.. JiNC

Jake,
Club members have the privledge of after hours shooting. The only except in on Sundays it is restricted to 1pm -6pm out of respect for church services and giving the neighbors a break.

Because the club is on a mans farm and the land isn't owned by the club, sometimes when Mike is trucking chickens in/out he will have to ask to you cease fire for awhile until the trucks are gone, and there's no way to know in adavance what day/hour this might happen.
But if you come to a match and see how things are run, go through the safety lecture from the Rangemaster, and pay your dues, your welcome to use the range at anytime.

As for "fun type shooting" hell yea. You'll see a lot of familiar faces from Hawks Ridge down at the Hickory egg shoot and last month the club has a fun shoot at water filled balloons. If you get something together let me know and post some signs at the club, and I'm sure you'll pick up some shooters for a variety of different types of shoots.

Talk with you later,
Steve

[ 11-04-2002: Message edited by: Steve Shelp ]

..Cool beans.. I had mentioned it to some before and there seemed to be a hitch with the "portable" aspect of it.. I guess having to purchase more gear just to goof around a little may be a bit much for some.. But I figger most 'hog hunters will already be setup for this..
smile.gif

.. Now if I can just come up with some interesting reactive targets..
.. I'd like to know more about the goings on at the range.. Email me if that's better.. JiNC
[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.