Juenke icc machine

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Frogman77, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Frogman77

Frogman77 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find a used juenke machine? I've been looking for one but the company no longer makes them. Anyone have one they don't want any more??

Thanks!

2. Trickymissfit

Trickymissfit Well-Known Member

I saw one over the weekend that works in a similar fashion, and is still in production. Think the company was called "H Enterprises" or something like that. I'll see if I can find the name for you.
    gary

3. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

4. Trickymissfit

I know they are different, but they still do the samething if we're talking about Vern's concentricity measuring device. There was another that did bullet checks, but have only seen one, and it was pretty wild looking. The H&H looks good to me (except for the ten cent dial indicator)
    gary

5. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

Not even close. They are totally different and take different measurements off different things and have different purposes.

BH

6. Trickymissfit

OK that one's even different that the ones I spoke of. I know how it works, but I'd guess it's well over a grand (electronic dial indicators are big bucks). If you have access to a good milling machine, you can build your own using a Federal .000050" wand type indicator for way less than $200. Vern looks like he's using a Federal electronic head and their own analog readout (the whole unit with all the doo dads cost $5230 a few years back).

gary

7. Trickymissfit

there's a couple others out there that do the samething. But they all take electronice measurments and convert them to analog via a transducer circut. This stuff don't come cheap for the parts alone. A .0001" one of good quality will hit you for at least a grand. A fifty millionth one is double the cost. I've built several of them to measure bores, and not all are the same quality.
    gary

8. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

Gary, you should back away from this un.
    The ICC uses ultarsonic thickness measurement for bullet jacket variance. It can also be used to see brass thickness variance, so I've heard, but I used mine only for bullets.
    The real benefit behind it is to spot bullets with truly small jacket thickness variance, and hopefully center of gravity would then be just that. These would be the bullets to release in a match.
    This bullet factor and tool have actually been proven significant in the past. It's not just another feel-good toy.

9. Trickymissfit

I'll take you advice, but it sure looks expensive. Also the idea of using ultrasonic measuring devices died in the 1970's. The idea was to use it with very large shapes (ICBM bodies for one), and they were looking for flaws in the metal
    gary