• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED JP Campbell 6X284

koginam

This is one heavy rifle 34 pounds without scope. It is on a Mauser 98 Bruno action. Barrel is 32 inches and 1.75 dia. with 6 1/2 inch helical flutes. It has a custom set of bases marked with the makers name. Canjar set trigger and custom bolt,I have only shot it 20 times and it shoots better then me. It comes with a custom set of 4 reloading dies, and 200 rounds of brass and a very detailed loading log book from the original owner. Barrel has 12 lands and grooves with smooth bore at the end. Stock is thumb hole but the gun has no forearm just a bi pod hanging off a 1 inch rod attached to a 2 inch thick recoil lug. Asking $ 2,500 will ship to your FFL holder.

Is their a serial # on the barrel and if so does it match the action serial #?

The numbers match but the barrel numbers are followed by the letters 416R-NM-BC-CT-HL-CC-AG- In the log book inside the front cover has the serial number and lists the abbreviations as 416R= S.S. Barrel-NM=National Match, BC=Broach Cut, CT=Cryo. Treated, HL=Hand Lapped, CC=Chromed Chamber, AG= Air Gaged. The log book lists Load Data, stock fit. and lots more info on the original owner. Also the scope bases and rings, adj. butt pad and check piece, and the reloading dies have the same serial Number as the rifle. Their are some diferant size metal spacers that come with it but I'm not sure what they are for. The recept for the rifle was in the log book and showes a price of $3,500 paid on mar.6 1985.