Join Len in Wyoming- 2014 LRH Group Antelope Hunt

17 hrs for me.

Tyler has a very good steel target setup for checking zeros out quite a ways.

5hrs is not bad at all.

Len I hope you have a buddy with you to switch drivers. I truly was contemplating a drive, but I fall asleep after 4hrs of driving.

I am looking forward to acquiring a solid zero. Len, I can't wait to hit some steel. The anticipation is killing me gun)

I'm coming from Tennessee. That's a little less than 1500 miles and about 24 hours drive time. I left Lynchburg around 6:30 this morning. I'm in Giltner NE now. I'll probably stop and sleep for a few hours and try to be at the Cabelas store in Sidney when it opens tomorrow. I'll get to Cheyenne/Laramie a couple days early to get the lay of the land.

Last edited:
Hunter G
That size will be fine for most shooting, but sometimes the sage can be high enough to be a problem. You might want one a little taller or you can do what most hunters do and shoot over your back pack.

I will bring a 6-9 plus shooting sticks in case of uneven ground or areas of tall vegetation.

Camped out at the Motel 8 in Laramie for a couple of days waiting for Friday. Been out looking over the country and have seen quite a few antelope. You have to be careful. I was driving along looking far out onto the prairie for antelope and a 13" lope stepped into the road in front of me. Thought I was going tofill my tag early.
There's a city range but you have to be a member to shoot. I had to drive 20 miles from town to some State land. It was worth the trip, I killed a rock at 1219 yards. :)

Camped out at the Motel 8 in Laramie for a couple of days waiting for Friday. Been out looking over the country and have seen quite a few antelope. You have to be careful. I was driving along looking far out onto the prairie for antelope and a 13" lope stepped into the road in front of me. Thought I was going tofill my tag early.
There's a city range but you have to be a member to shoot. I had to drive 20 miles from town to some State land. It was worth the trip, I killed a rock at 1219 yards. :)

Hey nim, couldn't you wait for me bro. Lol
How's the weather ??

Don't worry, if there's one thing that Wyoming has plenty of, it's rocks.
The weather is more like Florida than Wyoming, 81° and sunny. Bring your sun block.
Found a few prairie dogs today near Rock River.
See you guys tomorrow.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.