Joel Russo Masterpiece

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was a pleasure to work with Willy's on this one, and I see that he has already taken it to the field..

This was a splendid piece of Maple from the Pacific Northwest..

Thanks for the kind words, this thing is amazing to look at and shoot! Finally got some blood on it with a 225yrd rock chuck. It was the only one I could find!

Bargins--Heck when you creat an account here there should be a warning about how much money this site will cost you. I gave up on bargin hunting a long time ago and just get what you want the first time because you will end up buying it twice!

Thanks again Joel, it was a pleasure. And for the price question, with all Joels work being custom, I would reach out to him. Lets just say a wood blank like this goes for roughly $1000.00. Then you pay for it to be made into something. And Hell yes its worth it!

Willys46

I will try and get some group pictures; this thing is for shooting steel at longrange so I do not spend much time shooting groups.

I want to set it up on the bench and really see, All I know is when I pull the trigger the bullet goes right where I was aiming!

For the place at Kettle Falls I Place 14-17 depending on how you read the results out of roughly 80 shooters. The match director has been very busy and only given abbreviated scores. The Kettle Falls match is one I do not miss. Great shooting location with targets that are very similar to what/how you would shoot hunting.

I think there was 79 shooters there that thought I was crazy for shooting it. Most asked who dipped it, because it could not be real wood!

Bargins--Heck when you creat an account here there should be a warning about how much money this site will cost you. I gave up on bargin hunting a long time ago and just get what you want the first time because you will end up buying it twice!
Willys46

I don't believe I've ever heard a statement that held more truth :D Len definitely needs to include a disclaimer upon registering:cool:

I've had the honor of speaking to Joel once, he took his time to explain everything (sometimes twice), answered all of my questions & generally conveyed the message that my call was important.... a person can't PAY enough for service like that.

Glad to see you rig place respectably, keep up the good work.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.