Jewell Triggers?

Alright you guys got me convinced ordered one this morning. Sounds like ill be happy and it happened to be the last one he had in stock. Thanks for all the help.

I will also be ordering one soon. How hard is it to do the trigger change yourself. Can someone walk me through basically what you have to do?

Thanks for all the help guys. It seems to be quite a bit safer than the factory one as far as going off with such a light trigger pull. The safety is also a lot quieter than the factory one! Also today the greybull scope I ordered came. Got it mounted up and boresighted for the range. I got about 6 different loads to test out so it should be fun.

Sounds like somebody's got some goodies and off to have a good time. Hope you have fun. Keep us posted on how your rifle shoots.

I'v been thinking about upgrading to a jewell trigger. It seems like most everyone agrees that they are the best from what iv read. My only problem is iv heard that if they get dirty or dust inside of them they go haywire. Has anyone had this experience? Right now my gun has the rem x-mark trigger in it and I think its right around 2.5-3lbs. and breaks clean with no creep but iv just heard that the jewell is outstanding compared to the others. What do you guys think?

I think it is the best one available !!

As to the problem of dirt causing them problems= "ANY" quality trigger will have problems if
subjected to dirt dust and other foreign objects.

A trigger is a precision piece of equiptment and should be taken care of and maintained .

The only triggers that are designed to handle dust and dirt are the military ones and we
all know how they are (Lots of creep,over travel and heavy trigger pull ) 4 to 6 pounds.

I personally have never had a trigger (Especially a Jewel) give me problems because of
poor maintenance or environment, But I don't live and hunt in a desert type environment.

Buy the Jewel and you wont ever regret it and you will probably change all of your Remington
triggers to Jewels.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.