Jewell Trigger

Sparkey

I just installed a Jewell Trigger in a Rem. 700 and wonder if anyone has had issues with them?

Have not had a chance to get to the range yet to try it out.
It came preset at 16oz. will probably bump it up to around 20oz. where I had the factory trigger set. after a few shots at 16.

Never had any issues with a Jewell trigger. For hunting I prefer no less than 1.5 pound pull. Once you use it you'll probably be hooked. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I just installed a Jewell Trigger in a Rem. 700 and wonder if anyone has had issues with them?

They are great triggers and are crisp as you can get. I own a few and yes I and some friends have had issues. They need to be kept very clean. Recently I had a new one installed by a well know smith on a new rifle build. During breakin when extensive cleaning was going on I must have gotten bore cleaning solution in the trigger. Day two it started acting up. It would not fire at times or it had huge creep. On one instance it didnt fire even with excessive pull. As I lifted the bolt it fired. So if you encounter a problem please be careful and keep the muzzle poited in a safe direction.

A good friend of mine had a very simular instance with one that he had been using for quite some time with no previous problems.

We sent the trigger in and talked to Jewell. They repaired it and sent it back and it has worked great every since. They told me to remove it every time I clean the rifle and flush the trigger with lighter fluid and let dry. I don't clean it this often but I now take special care to clean with the muzzle pointed down. And I place a towel under the boreguide to catch any drips. If you for some reason encounter a very dirty environment I would give her a flushing.

In no way am I knocking Jewell triggers. I am just stating my first hand experiences in the mind of safety.

Jeff

Have not had a chance to get to the range yet to try it out.
It came preset at 16oz. will probably bump it up to around 20oz. where I had the factory trigger set. after a few shots at 16.

The only issue I have is that once you get one you will wan't to replace all of your factory
triggers.

Also I suggest using a throat saver while cleaning to prevent any solvent from getting
in the action or trigger and clean with the muzzle down at least 10 degrees below level.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts