Jewell trigeer issuse!!!!

MAHMOODB

Hi. I am from s.a and have bought a remington 700 jewell trigger from brownwells. i fitted it today and after some stock removal and fitting i have this trigger nicely fitted and working. It is a dream:D. i have two issues though. can somebody point me in the right direction.

The trigger is a jewell trigger HVR for a remington 700 with safety and bolt release.

1:> if i drop the bolt all is fine, when the bolt is dropped if i then put the safety on and pull the trigger its still fine but as soon as i take the safety off the shot goes off automatically. What is the cause of this or what needs to be adjusted.

2:> If i pull a shot and immediatly lift the bolt then without recyclinging the bolt i just put the bolt down again it does not cock. it just remains as if i did not cycle the bolt. it will only cock if i recycle the bolt. is this normal or not.

I have done all the safety test and except for thes two issues the rest is all good. the rifle wont go off even after a good slapping

What in your opinion should be the problem.

Read and follow the adjusting instructions, that should have accompanied the trigger. Sounds like too little sear engagement.

Hi. I have done the settings of the sear and over-travel according to the instructions supplies by jewell triggers. Do you think I should still play with the sear settings to turn it in or out untill the probem is resolved or is it something else.

When clearing the stock for the Jewell There Is some material in front of the trigger assembly
that will prevent the safety from fully engaging.

The trigger will function but not consistantly if there is not enough clearance. (It's the web
between the mag well and the trigger inletting that sometimes has a small brass pin/screw
going through it).

This may not be the problem but it's worth looking at because if it's not totally clear the
trigger will not work correctly.

J E CUSTOM

Hi. I think that's exactly what my prob was. I diles away a little more towards the trigger well bottom section and it seems my safety was not engaging fully but its resolved now. Thanks guys for all the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts