Jewell HVR Trigger

YOTES2CALL

Put a Jewell in my Sendero 7mm RM.. came set at 1 lb. and I bumped it up to 2.5 LBS

What do you all think for a hunting rifle and minor bench stuff ? A little to high or keep it there ?

Worried that if shooting with gloves out coyote hunting in 10 degrees or less, wouldn't feel trigger and that it would give me a little room to squeeze on it...

Thanks for your comments...

[ QUOTE ]
Put a Jewell in my Sendero 7mm RM.. came set at 1 lb. and I bumped it up to 2.5 LBS

What do you all think for a hunting rifle and minor bench stuff ? A little to high or keep it there ?

Worried that if shooting with gloves out coyote hunting in 10 degrees or less, wouldn't feel trigger and that it would give me a little room to squeeze on it...

Thanks for your comments...

[/ QUOTE ]

Most folk don't buy jewell triggers to have them set at 2.5 lbs. If you are going to keep it at 2.5, you might as well sell it and put the extra bucks into other accessories. I have four set at about 4 ounces and five set at 1.5 oz. It depends on what you are familiar with.

Cut the trigger finger out of your glove or use the flop back mittens.

James

Sounds just fine. I got a Jewell trigger sitting on the counter, do beleive its going to find a home in a 300 RUM set at 2½ #.

My fingers are not very sensitive so I had Kirby move my Jewell up to 2.3 pounds. At that weight I can begin to actually feel I am touching the trigger.

Clay Spencer took most of the slack out of my Timney and I had to put it back in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Doc Ed set my Rem 700 at about 2.5 pounds after I tried and couldn't.

Thanks guys.... jsut thought I'd see where everyone else was at .... feels to good to me and still breaks excellent.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.