Jewell HVR Trigger Spring Change ?

Varmint Hunter

I just receiver a new Jewell HVR for my Rem model 7. The "A" spring was installed @ the factory. I'd like to try the "B" spring. The instructions do not show how to change the spring (all three were provided) and I'd rather do it right the first time.

Can anyone help me with this or can you direct me to a site that explains or shows how this is done?

Check out (THE JEWELL TRIGGER MANUAL). You can just unscrew the screw that goes into the trigger and dump out the spring. When you put the new spring in, just make sure that it sits flush against the post inside, and isn't cocked to oneside or the other. Then just carefully thread the set screw back in.

I know this post is really old, but which screw do I pull out to replace the spring? I'm sure I could figure it out but I'm at work right now, and there is no point in pulling out the wrong one if someone knows. Thanks.

Its the one that is located in the trigger shoe itself. There is a little allen screw near the top of the shoe. Just unscrew it all the way, and the spring will fall out. I suggest doing this on a blanket. When you put the new screw in, make sure it is aligned, up and down, and now cocked to one side, or another (usually not a problem).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.