Here's a nice Cape Buffalo from June..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 139
Re: JD African Safaris - Trophy pics Safari Prices

JD African Safaris Dangerous and Plains Game Trophy Hunting

JD African Safaris is a Proud Sponsor of LRH Magazine

Many people assume (incorrectly in our view) that African safari hunting is "out of the budget" and automatically too expensive even to consider.

But lets compare prices on two alternatives- A top class guided Elk Hunt out West or a Plains Game Hunt in South Africa for a Kudu (or an African Elk, if you prefer):)

Expense Elk Hunt
7 Day Hunt $4000
License $ 890
Trophy Fee $ (0)
Total $4890

Expense Kudu Hunt
7 Day Hunt $2100
License $ 0
Trophy Fee $1500
Total $3600

Can you pay less for an Elk hunt? Sure, but maybe the idea of an African Safari just got a little more possible. When you are ready to make plans call JD African Safaris Toll Free: 1-855-200-2082

We exclusively organize African Safaris, its all we do. We have exclusive arrangements with some of Africas finest guides and concessions in Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia and South Africa.

You can also request a quote by clicking on the Link here below:

Link to JD African Safaris Quote Form:

Contact JD African Safaris for more information about your next adventure!

In all fairness you should include the price of air fare in the total cost for the South Africa hunt. JMO I think it will up the price quit dramatically.

Rick you are right, you gotta get there before you can hunt!

My main point in the post was to make folks realize that an African safari might not be as "far away" as they might have imagined, but for the sake of discussion, lets look at the details:

Airfare to Either location is an expense
According to our travel page, lets run some "hypothetical numbers"

Lets say you lived in the middle of the country in Memphis and wanted the hunt next month (Sept 2013) in Montana, or Johannesburg:

Round trip from Memphis to Bozeman , MT is $558
Round trip from Memphis to Johannesburg is $1663

Total cost for our hypothetical hunter from Tennessee would be:

Hunt+ travel= total

Elk hunt:

$4890+$558 = $5448

Kudu hunt:

$3600+ $1663= $5263

Thought it would be more than that, I'm surprised to say the least. The last time I flew from Indianapolis to L.A. It was right at $1200. round trip. I gotta get a trophy elk first though. We all have our priorities.:D

Dear Rick:
We wish you good luck on your Elk hunt- then call us when you are ready for the 'Dark Continent" :)

Also, if you wanted to hunt Kudu, instead of going for the Daily rate+ trophy fee for one animal, we would suggest this package:

Kudu+ Impala+Springbok+ Steenbok

1x1 hunter: $3900, 7 days, Eastern Cape of South Africa.

So think of it as 4 trophies for the price of 1 (and a smidge more).

Call JD When you are ready at:

855-200-2082

or email me at:

Man those numbers are looking good!! I live in the heart of elk country so a few of us have been looking at Canada or Alaska for some alternative but dang that expensive but lately Africa has come up as thee place to hunt on a thin nickle.

I'm really stoked to see what you guys are putting together, grew up reading Capstick so Africa has always been my dream hunt hope to make it some day, it'll happen before I ever draw a MT sheep tag I think :rolleyes:

Dear Rick:
We wish you good luck on your Elk hunt- then call us when you are ready for the 'Dark Continent" :)

Also, if you wanted to hunt Kudu, instead of going for the Daily rate+ trophy fee for one animal, we would suggest this package:

Kudu+ Impala+Springbok+ Steenbok

1x1 hunter: $3900, 7 days, Eastern Cape of South Africa.

So think of it as 4 trophies for the price of 1 (and a smidge more).

Call JD When you are ready at:

855-200-2082

or email me at:

Thanks, and that is the pkg. we would be interested in. We actually looked into this a couple of years ago as a bow hunt at that time it included 5-6 animals along with the taxidermy work for around $5000. so I have been looking at Africa, and it would be with a bow.

While we are discussing packages, here is a link to current packages that readers of this (Now long!) string may have an interest in:

LINK: Current Package Pricing

Examples:

1. Eastern Cape Slam: Kudu, Impala, Springbok, Steenbok (or Duiker) 7 days all inclusive- $3920

2. Cape Buffalo and Leopard Gaza Province Mozambique $15000 - 15 days

Also, one of our best operators in South Africa in Limpopo Province has these special offers for LRH readers:

1. Reduced Daily rate now $300/per day (was $425) for plains game

2. Reduced Trophy Fees for plains game

3. Very attractive pricing on Lion hunts

This offer good through end of December, 2013 (Note anyone interested is encouraged to go "sooner rather than later" mostly due to seat availability on airlines to Africa especially during the Holidays).

Contact JD for details by using our contact page on our website:

LINK to CONTACT page: Contact JD African Safaris for more information about your next adventure!

Thought you folks might want to see a camp
Picture or two

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 150
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.