Jase Robertson stands against Netflix's Cuties which exploits pre teen girls

I saw it listed on netflix, did not think anything of it other than it doesn't sound like anything I would want to watch. Sounded like a tweener movie my daughter would have tried to make me watch when she was a kid. That being said, have you been to a children's dance recital lately. This was 11 or 12 yrs ago when my daughter was 9 and taking dance. At her dance recital, she danced to the Black Eyed Pea's "My Lumps". That is a very sexual song which I felt was extremely inappropriate. The dance instructor acted like she did not know what the song meant. There is probably nothing in that movie that kids don't do at their dance recitals all the time. I am not going to watch it to find out but it is the nature of modern dance classes.

It just seems like that sort of thing doesn't do anything to help the cause of stopping child trafficking. It reminds me of Jonbenet Ramsey and how sickening that situation was. I don't know if many of you noticed but there was a big bust where around 80 kids were rescued from child trafficking rings here in the U.S. several weeks ago. Not much media coverage on it compared to the normal agendas the media was focused on.
Historically in Rome( an end all self proclaimed perfect governing world power at that time) grew to accept pedophilia as being ok. Mostly stemming from the elite Romans. So how did they ever get to that point. We may ask ourselves that same question in the U.S. 30 years from now if we don't stop the fire before it gets started.

Just read where Texas has charged Netflix with an indictment on felony charges broadcasting lewd material that exploits children etc. Texas rangers were sent to summons Netflix.

The dance instructor acted like she did not know what the song meant. There is probably nothing in that movie that kids don't do at their dance recitals all the time. I am not going to watch it to find out but it is the nature of modern dance classes.
There are a lot of kids who drink the koolaid of social media: insta, snap chat, tik tok, and so on. Doesn't mean that we, as adults and parents, should accept such social "norms." It's a constant struggle, too.
Someone took the lid off Pandora's box. Entertainment and social media are rubbing their hands, salivating, as they cash in on the wave of hedonism and self gratification.

There are a lot of kids who drink the koolaid of social media: insta, snap chat, tik tok, and so on. Doesn't mean that we, as adults and parents, should accept such social "norms." It's a constant struggle, too.
Someone took the lid off Pandora's box. Entertainment and social media are rubbing their hands, salivating, as they cash in on the wave of hedonism and self gratification.
The only problem is that this has been going on long before social media ever existed. My experience was 12 years ago. My daughter nor her dance instructor were on social media 12 years ago. Modern dance really got started 40 years ago. Social media has been a mechanism for not only promoting it but also to promoting protesting it. If it weren't for social media, you wouldn't know anything about it.

I'm done with most current tv but I saw an interview with the woman that made this show. She is raising awareness about the issue of exploitation of kids in all forms. As hard as the issue is, I don't see any solution coming from those constantly marketing our girls on how to look and act or those that promote addictive behavior on social media. I'm sure there are no girls on DD wearing tight jeans...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.