Jaiden goes fishing... :)

Moki

My little guy Jaiden is now 3 years 3 months old over the years I have been taking him out fishing for sockeye/spring salmon in the Fraser River in British Columbia where we live and he has been fun to have along as well as he would help me by holding my rod when I was releasing the fish so he understands fishing but up until earlier this year he wasn't able to do it by himself yet.

We are releasing a sockeye in this pic.

Aug 2009

Aug_2_2009_Fishing_in_the_Fraser_with_Jaiden_026.jpg

In May we headed up to central BC with a couple of light trout rods floats and worms fishing was just a small part of the trip so we didn't have to much time to play at it but after a couple of days of being on the road Jaiden started demanding that he did some fishing so we stopped a a lake and I set up a rod and cast it out for him then handed the rod over to him.

Just a few minutes later his rod started pulling and the tip was dancing around I told him you have a fish start reeling it in this was the first time that he had used an egg beater reel so it was good humor to watch.

Here he is with his first ever rainbow trout that he reeled in all by himself.

May 2010

img_9202.jpg

We are now up in a sub alpine lake near the south coast of BC my dad had given me his old canoe a few days before so we had to go give it a try while we were out on a bear hunt.

If you look closely beside the paddle at Jaidens feet you will see another small rainbow that he had just caught this was his 3rd one we hooked one more a few minutes later but he wanted to net it so it got away...

I don't know why but he didn't want his picture taken... :D

June 10 2010

img_9250.jpg

Yep I have a future outdoors man... :cool:

Jaiden reminds me of my 3 1/2 year old grandson...man they are cute at that age. Hats off to him on landing his first fish and to you for being such a great Dad. I noticed in the pic Jaiden had a live preserver and you are to be commended for that, very wise and very smart. Enjoy them while they are young and build the memories...that's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.