Jacklynn...A MCR Creation

JUDD

Here is my 7m Dakota which is in the completion stages on Montour county Rifles. She features a beautifully smooth BAT action. A very curvy and flashy Joel Russo Laminate Wildcat modified stock. A 31" Broughton 1-8" 5C barrel with a Muscle Brake. Wating for the Jewel triger to come in. Trigger will be safe sitting inside a polished BAT trigger guard. On top she will be wearing a set of Bat 1 piece 30MM rings polished of course. A Sightron SIII 8-32X56 will ride on top.

I finished sanding the stock today and it is getting sent for cleanup and clearcoat. Action and Barrel are getting polished to a mirror finish.

Planning on shooting the 180 bergers or the 175 SMK.

Please excuse the crapy pics..They were some quick cell phone shots

dakota1.jpg

dakota4.jpg

dakota3.jpg

dakota5.jpg

dakota14.jpg

dakota12.jpg

dakota7.jpg

dakota11.jpg

More pics to come when she gets finished....

Wow Judd good looking rig man, Kevin does fine work. I like how he contoured down the brake that's the first muscle brake I've seen like that.

Keep us posted,
Nathan

Very cool. I have a 30" brux that's an 8 twist. I've been looking at the 7 dakota too. I just gotta find an action for it... I really like the look of that setup! I can't wait to see it finished. Matt

Eleanor was definitly the basis of this build. However this one was built with the Bat action instead of the Remmy, a Muscle break intead of the Vais it will wear Bat rings instead of the Luepold. It has a little differnt contour barrel....and most of all I'll be able to reach out a wee bit further with the 7mm bullets compared to the 6mm's.

It should be completed in 2-3 weeks. I'm sure kevin will post up the completed pictures when he finishes it. As soon as the weather breaks I'll start throwin lead downrange.

I Know somebody who just recently bought a brand new Ohler chronograph and have not even fired a shot through it...I may hafta break that in for him :rolleyes:

sweet build! Absolutely top of the line components! What kind of velocity do you expect from the Dakota? I'm no very familiar with it.

Also, I hope you realize you can't leave us hanging, your going to have to share where the name Jacklynn came from :D did the original Jacklynn also have "top of the line components"?

The 284 Reaper is a build in process.

Based off of the 338 lapua that was completly changed.

Took the 338 Lapua reamer print and started fiddlin with the measurements and angles and such.

Presently just waiting on parts to show up so it can get put together and start the extensive testing!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.