Jacked-Up Shoulder Shooter

A fast, hot, round for game up to the size of elk to 400 meters. I would go for the 6.5x284. With a recoil pad and brake, recoil is nil,indistinguishable from the other 6.5's. You will have plenty of power to spare.

A fast, hot, round for game up to the size of elk to 400 meters. I would go for the 6.5x284. With a recoil pad and brake, recoil is nil,indistinguishable from the other 6.5's. You will have plenty of power to spare.

I looked at 6.5 x 284 but had someone "knowledgable" tell me the recoil was similiar to .308 and brass was hard to come by? Guessing that's why you suggested a brake and a pad - but what about brass shortages?

I looked at 6.5 x 284 but had someone "knowledgable" tell me the recoil was similiar to .308 and brass was hard to come by? Guessing that's why you suggested a brake and a pad - but what about brass shortages?

Brass used to be a problem but its popular now. You have great companies like lapua and nosler making brass for it now

No problem at all getting quality brass. I also shoot a 308. Both of my 6.5x284's, a savage LRH and a Cooper 52 have the felt recoil of a 243 with pads and brakes. Rifle weights are about 11.5 pounds. Definitely lighter felt recoil than a 308 of similar weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts