Ivy Adjustables??

overbore

In my humble opinion, a lower cost scope, meaning less than NF, USO, Swaro., etc., could work rather will with an adjustable Ivy Mount system if there is a "Zero Stop" feature that works quickly; anyone experiment with or develop this feature? Overbore

I considered using the Ivey ajustable mounts but had several people give me bad reports, if you like check them out yourself iveyshooting.com or 615-424-8855
UB

Me and BJ have a set on our 338AM and we have had pretty good luck with them. now we use the to roughly bring us up to where we want at 2000yds and then we use the fine adjustment of the scope after that.

i dont know if they would be precise enough for shooting by themselves

steve

I was considering purchasing an Ivy myself, but this is the first I have heard about negative reports.
Can you tell me specifically what negatives the system has?
Did the folks who have had problems with the Ivey, have any other LR mount systems they preferred better?

Me and BJ have a set on our 338AM and we have had pretty good luck with them. now we use the to roughly bring us up to where we want at 2000yds and then we use the fine adjustment of the scope after that.

i dont know if they would be precise enough for shooting by themselves

steve

Lerch,

You are doing about what I had in mind. My only concern is retuning the base to a Zero stop say in low light. any suggestions? Cordially, Overbore

If you are wanting it to return to a 100yd zero where you can flip dimes everytime you come back down, i dont think they will be that consistant. our gun is zeroed right at 775yds and from there we just dial in 100 moa or so and then fire a shot to see where we are at at the distance we are wanting to shoot. from there we either add more on the ivey rings or if we are close we use the precision adjustment of the scope.

as for the rings returning you to a true zero, i dont know, i really was never worried about it with our gun

have a good un
steve

Graham,

Hope all is well with you.

I just took delivery of three sets of the new improved Ivey rings.
My main concern is that they will not return to zero. I'm going to get them up and running and evaluate them in the very near future.
As for returning to zero in nightime operations.... I highly doubt that would be possible with the adjustment in the ring itself. The mic on the barrel is marked in fine graduations that would be tough to see in dim light.

I'm looking to use the ring to get me out there a ways, then use the scope for fine adjustment. If the ring can't return to zero, it's useless.
The new version are much better than the old, but the ability to return to zero concept still remains.

Joel, Great to hear from you. I trust your great stocks are keeping you well occupied. I had a major business reversal but by the grace of God we are on the road back.

I was thinking of the Ivy Base as the easiest means to get one vernier set properly as Starrett technology might be used as a basis for this concept as precision mikes must return to zero and do in point of fact have the ability to have a zero stop. Please let me know what you develop. God Bless. Cordially, G

Graham,

Nice hearing from you also....It's been a while..
Glad to hear you're headed in the right direction.
Often wonder how that rifle turned out..
Thanks for all your help.

As for the rings, I'm going to try to figure out how to make a "zero stop" because the mic is just friction, and the graduations will be out of sync as you alter the ring spaceing. One of those projects that I just can't seem to find the time to get it all worked out...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.