Its Started, time to git'r done

Ridge Runner

Ok guys,
The fight has started, the assault weapons ban has been targeted for re-instatement and made permanent, email your congressman and senatorshere's a couple links to find them, write them if you can, emails can easily be deleted and are not as personal
U.S. Senate: Senators Home
Member Web Site Listing (by State) - United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 1st Session
This is the O K Corral for free gun ownership in this country the way our founding fathers planned it
We hafta win this one, for the sake of the generations to follow. This liberalism is to us and our culture,
just legal terrorism, it'll never go away.
RR

It seems to me that gun control, by its very nature, is effeminate.

niggerbeater.jpg

I sent the message below. It's not elegant, but to the point.

Mr. Altmire,

I am sending this message in request that you do all within your power to stop any further legislation regarding weapons bans or limitations of any sort. I understand it is "on the table" again. These proposals do nothing to protect the law abiding public. They do however hinder the law abiding publics' freedoms, and cause lost jobs in firearms, and firearms related industry. That is the last thing we need.

Last edited:
OK, this is not about flaming any particular political party. Do not even go there. This bill needs to die a very quick death. It is very important to write your representatives and voice your opposition to this bill.

The attached links to bill (HR 45) was introduced in Congress on 9 Jan 2009. It mandates licensing for all gun owners.
You would have to carry a photo ID firearms license.
A training class would be required to be licensed.
Disclosure of your storage method would be required for a license.
A thumb print would be required for a license.
Every sale would have to be recorded by the federal government.
If you move, and don't tell an Attorney General within 60 days, you are a criminal.
If a firearm is stolen and you don't report it, you are a criminal.
There would be no grandfathered firearms.
If you do not obtain a license and report every firearm you currently own, you are a criminal.
There would be a license fee and a fee for the "services" provided at purchase time.
Licenses would be required to be renewed every 5 years.

Don

Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009
This bill was referred to the House Judiciary

US Congress bill tracking site:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Official Summary of the bill
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45&tab=summary

Official Full Test of the bill.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-45

I got a response! There's at least one good one out there!

Dear Mr. Mason,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about gun control legislation. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, I am also a member of the National Rifle Association and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. Gun control legislation is not only unconstitutional, but I believe it is also ineffective. The Constitution provides all American citizens with the right to bear arms and I will continue to urge my colleagues to oppose any legislation limiting individuals' ability to protect themselves and their families.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. If I can be of additional assistance to you on this or any matter, please feel free to be in touch.

Sincerely,

Jason Altmire
Member of Congress

Good post... this is one time we as gun owners and hunters absolutely have to stand up for our RIGHTS and get off our *** and fight for our RIGHTS...NOW!!!

Copaka81 had some great links in his post. Everyone especially needs to check out this link:

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

After you click on this link, scroll down to the status of the bill and click on "view committee assignments"

This will take you to a new page, go to the bottom and click on "House Judiciary"

This will show each Congressman/Congresswoman on the House Judiciary Committee. If your Congressman is on this committee it would be the perfect time to CONTACT him/her and urge him/her to KILL this bill before it can hit the floor. My Congressman is Gregg Harper (R) MS, he is on the House Judiciary Committee. I have met Congressman Harper before and he is a NRA member and very PRO GUN. However, I am sending and email to Congressman Harper and I will also call his office and try to speak with him. If I can't get in touch with him soon I will also send a letter. We all need to make our VOICES heard....NOW!!!!

Just for the record, the committee consists of 23 Dems and 16 Rep members. Make sure you get your hunting buddies and other gun owners involved in this matter.

Last edited:
Here is the email I just sent to my Congressman. He is on the House Judiciary committee, which currently controls the fate of H.R.45. I will be calling his office Monday.

Message Text: Congress Harper, First, I want to thank you for the job you have done so far representing the people of the 3rd District of Mississippi. I actually met you at one of the republican primary events you attended in Monticello, MS. At end of that event, I stood and asked the panel of candidates, "Where they stood on gun ownership and the 2nd Amendment?" Congressman Harper, I'm sure with all the events you attended leading up to the election, you may not recall this, but you were the first among the candidates to answer my question. And I was happy to hear your pro-gun/pro-2nd Amendment answer. I am happy to say that I was very impressed with most of what you had to say that night and I was certainly impressed with your honesty and character. I was so impressed that I told my family members and friends that they should really look at Gregg Harper at election time. I don't want to take up too much of your time, but I know that you are on the House Judiciary committee. There is a bill which I'm sure you are very familiar with, H.R.45:Blair Holt's firearm licensing and record of sale act of 2009, which has been referred to your committee. I know I don't have to ask where you stand on this bill, but as one of the people you represent, I wish to voice my opinion. I therefore, ask that you do everything you possibly can to see that this bill H.R.45 gets killed in your committee. I know that the Democrats have the Republican members out numbered 23-16, but I'm not sure everyone on that committee understands just what a critical issue this is to Americans. I've heard more concerning H.R.45 lately, than the economy. Thanks for your help on this matter and keep up the good work. Once again, I want to thank you for your service and dedication to the people of the 3rd Congressional District of Mississippi. Just for the record I'm a die-hard conservative. Sincerely, Jim Speaks

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts