It's on it's way!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job! Good to see more CNC equipment being used for this stuff.

I don't mean to be "know it all" but a few things I've learned regarding equipment like this.

Your floor is where good parts and long trouble free machine life begins.

I say min of 10" slab with 5/8 rebar on 6" center where the machine sits. If you have intentions of more than one machine like this have the slabs be monolithic and isolated from one another. less vibration transmitted through the floor when both machines are running and that means better surface finishes.

Clean stable power is a must! Get a voltage conditioner!

This may sound dumb, but it's true I promise. Avoid having florescent lights close to the control. I know they probably used one inside the machine but for some reason a florescent bulb gives off "something" that can (not always, but can) screw with a control.

These are lessons I've learned after over 15 years of playing with these things.

Last: Program it like ya' stole it!

Best of luck on your new machine!

"know it all"? You seem way to intelligent to be one of those ;)

Very good advise on all accounts. I would just add "have a temperature controlled environment."

It arrived today at about 3 P.M. got her unloaded and in the shop by 5 P.M.
Got her set, wired and leveled by 8 P.M. Played till 11p.m then my wife said I needed to come eat supper and go to bed.... what a let down:D Not that the supper wasn't awesome....I just didn't want to stop playing.

Nate

I would imagine that your new toy has probably arrived by now, Nathan. I'll bet you are like a kid on Christmas morning! Glad to see that your business is flourishing. From my customer experience with you I can see why!

Sambo,
Yes, it's here. My wife does think I'm acting a little funny:D

Nate

Congrats Nate. I'm sure you'll find lots of jobs for it and production will go faster and easier once you get it all programed. There's nothing cheap about stepping up to cnc but you'll make up for that in speed. I've got a Hardinge cnc lathe for my reloading parts I make. I took a 20 min part to make down to 3 min 17 sec on my cnc and the quality is better. Good luck with you new toy.

Thanks Kevin!

Yes, before I decided to invest in this I did a whole lot of figuring and pushing pencil and am excited. I know things always look better on paper, but feel in a worse case scenario this would still easily pay for itself. I will hopefully get some pix up soon.

All the best,
Nate

308 Nate,

I'm happy for you Nate,
a man that stands for Christ is a God's blessed man!

Congratulations!

My Deawoo has live tooling, it's great for 2nd opp. But you won't like the price of the tool holders when you go to buy more of them. Allways have more thrown in on the purchase of the machine and work it into the financing. I like to learn the hard way.

*Prairie Princess*, you must be the Misses? Make sure he's fed and gets his sleep.:)

I am, and honored to be!
Feeding him is the easy part:D......convincing him that his new "toys" will still be there in the morning and he should come to bed is the hard part.:D I am excited for him though.Even though it was a huge investment, I know it will pay for itself shortly. I'm excited it will make things more efficient. He works awfully hard so I can stay at home with the kids and that means a lot to me. I'm excited that he has a better "helper" than I could ever be:D

Thanks for sharing his excitement!
*Prairie Princess*

Congrats Nate and Liz on your investments. I can't wait for Nate to try them out on whatever I decide to build next.

I know how Nate feels, every time I pickup one of your SSG rifles I feel the same way!!!!!

Brent

Prairie Princess, Oh...I think you are quite the helper...maybe not when it comes to smithing but, you make sure he's fed, gets his sleep, raise the kids and support his passion for gunsmithing. Quite the partner I'd say and thought I'd mention it. Take care.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.