It's Here! It's Here! It's Here!

Discussion in 'Specialty Handgun Hunting' started by Ernie, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Ernie

Ernie <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

It\'s Here! It\'s Here! It\'s Here!

My 7mm Dakota center-grip XP-100 finally made it into my hands today. 18 inch, Lilja 1-7 Twist with a QD brake. Using a strengthened McMillan stock (gelcoat), and a Near Manufacturing 20 MOA picatinny base. Set-up to shoot the 200 WC's, but also will work well with the 175-180 class bullets too. Time for barrel break-in and then off to Nebraska for a LR handgun clinic the first week of May. Conditions and loacation permitting, I will see what it does out to a mile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Thanks Kirby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Re: It\'s Here! It\'s Here! It\'s Here!

So do we have to send money in order to see a picture of it.

3. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

[​IMG]

Just kiddin xphunter, but rules are rules. You can't get a new gun and talk about it without posting some pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Ernie

I just opened her up less than 20 miutes ago and I don't have a digital camera /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    Kirby did take some pics before he sent it, so hopefully he will post some for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    BTW Where is this "rule" found? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. zingdingo

zingdingo Well-Known Member

Hmmm, shooting handguns at a mile, intriguing to say the least. Will definately want a range report.

Carl

Oh yea, how about some digital images of you new firearm?

6. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

There aren't too many rules here, but the old "Rule" about a picture being worth a thousand words is what's being referred to.
    Sounds like you have very interesting intent for that new toy - what scope?

7. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Here are a couple pics, lighting not that great and time was short but you get the idea, BIG handgun!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am sure XP will get some better pics up soon.

Hope you enjoy your new LR hammer. It is always fun to build these big handguns. Just for those that may be interested, top loads in my early and limited testing showed that this handgun will break 2700 fps with a 200 gr ULD RBBT and do so with 1/2 moa groups at 100 yards. Not bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!! Will only get better from there out in range.

Kirby Allen(50)

8. Ernie

Scope: (Just mounted it a few minutes ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
    Leupold 8.5x25 (30mm) LR/T with Tactical Milling Reticle.
    We have made connections just past a mile already with a rear grip 6.5-284 XP-100 on PD's.
    Try this and it will take you back to sscoyote's and mine PD shoot xphunter's PD shoot

9. Ernie

I did just finish up a roll of 35mm film /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

WOW!! Looks like mine, all except for it's appetite.

11. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

Wow! Like to see the muzzle blast on that cannon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

Yup !

Roy is right , pix must be posted . As far as where is this rule posted , well , us old farts kinda like to make them up as we go along. That way we don't have to think too far ahead ( cuz we cain't )

I'm jealous , that is a nice out the window rig for sure , you live in Texas ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim B.

13. mo

mo Well-Known Member

That is a sweet looking pistol. I have a question! When you use a center grip pistol like that can u use a rifle scope or do u still have to use a pistol scope? I don't no much about hunting pistols. Mo

14. Ernie

I live in Kansas, North West of Wichita.
    You can use a rifle scope with either center or rear grips, but depending on cartridge, weight of pistol, braked, way you hold the handgun will be dependent on whether or not you can have a full field of view with a rifle scope. I'm 100% sure I will not try to use a full FOV with this one, although I plan to use the Leupold rifle scope (not pictured yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) as my primary scope. I have a Burris 3-12 LER handgun with ballistic plex reticle and target turrets that I could put on if I so desired.
    The TC scope pictured is Kirby's.
    Personally, I prefer the center-grip's for hunting purposes.