It has the making of a good year folks!!

JUDD

Went out chuck huntin Wednesday night with kevin and some buddies. My first shot of the year was my bear redemtion shot with the Cheytac....1 shot = 1 deader then dead chuck at 640yds....a good start to the year

today me and Kevin went out and I gutted one at 260yds with Eleanor....then kevin smacked one at 810yds with Eleanor also..wind today was crazy!

Also today bought myself a Chuck hunting present for the month of April....got me a new set of Kowa Bigeyes...and got my March (i missed march) present which was a new sightron 8-32-56...

So that is the start to my "good year" !!!

who knows what May may bring!! a stiller action?? maybe a new broughton barrel?? a nice new stock??

Always love those redemption shots...sounds like some penned up anger over the winter months???

I thought I was the only one with a rifle named Eleanor??

sounds like your off to a good start judd. but your gonna have to wait till bear season on that issue.
im getting reports of lots of them around up there.
im leaving here on a plane next week and ill be there a month.
so what for kowas did you decide on?

You're makin me jealous! This is gonna be a slow year for me hunting and shooting. My wife wants a house, and guess what.......

Sounds like you off to a good start and the years still early. Enjoy.

Last edited:
sounds like a nice start to the year! cheytec vs chuck... wow.... looking forward to shooting some with you sometime.

I will hopefully have permission to hunt chucks by tomorrow or the day after... but probably wont make it out till next weekend. Hopefully Trebark will be able to come along.

Is there gonna be a little long range shooter runnin around John???

Got me a pair of those already. She's gonna make me work all summer and not let me play too much. We're in a trailer now, but not much longer. Out of room would be an understatement.

There was me thinking shooting rabbits with a .308 was a lot of fun..

Chuck shooting with a Chey-Tac sounds insane.....wish you loads of fun..

Martin

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.