It Finnaly Lives!

Musket_0

I have built many Muzzle loader rifles. Thought I might make a change this year.
Went to a pawn shop and got a 7.7jap for $50.00, 3-9x50 Simmons Scope at walmart for $40.00, and Gander Mountain for a Bi-pod for $45.00. Re-chambered to .30-06, a chunk of dead Walnut from the neibors yard, and 2 months of work. Just got to fire it yesterday. Fire forming cases was the main reason to go, but got a nice 200 yard group useing 168gr PMP that I found on sale for $6.50 per box. For well under $200.00 out the door, my goup was 5 shots in 1.25" from a gun I have never fired. At least for me, I thought that was doing pretty good. Now I need to find a range hear in Notheren Michigan that is longer than 200 yards. If I knew how, I would like to leave a photo. Any Ideas? Jeff

Muskat,
I don't know what you have to do or who you have to know to get into camp Grayling, but I have heard that they shoot longer ranges. I'm not sure if it is 600 or 1000 yards though.

Nise looking wood in that stock there.

Thanks, don't often think of Camp Greiling, even though its close to home and I am ex-Army. And thanks for the voice of wood work. My neighbor was shocked to see it.(from his yard)
grin.gif

I would like some advice on a muzzle brake.
The O.D. measures .652 and I.D. is .309, does this leave room for threading without affecting accuracy? What might be a good beginner break? http://www.hunt101.com/img/091141.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.