is there something wrong?

Kidder

lately since all of this ammo crisis has gone down I have noticed something really weird at my local WalMart all of the other ammo is out of stock except for 7mm rem mag. So I'm wondering if something is wrong with the caliber or what not. Is it because not many guns shoot the caliber?

its not really all that much just $35 but I don't know I'm gonna take it as a good thing because everytime I go to WalMart I see 7mm rem mag filled and if no one will buy it I will

Wallie worlds around here have an abundance of 7mm mag, and 300 wm. I think the reason being is that most guys that shoot magnums. Shoot 7mm. With the 300 a close second. So Walmart buys in bulk. But most guys don't shoot that many rounds out of their magnums because most guys don't like recoil. So its a zero and then shoot it during season kinda thing. So once a year 7mm ammo sales are high and Walmart buys accordingly. And then have it all year.

Wallie worlds around here have an abundance of 7mm mag, and 300 wm. I think the reason being is that most guys that shoot magnums. Shoot 7mm. With the 300 a close second. So Walmart buys in bulk. But most guys don't shoot that many rounds out of their magnums because most guys don't like recoil. So its a zero and then shoot it during season kinda thing. So once a year 7mm ammo sales are high and Walmart buys accordingly. And then have it all year.
Yep, probably the 2 most popular magnums in N. America so of course they will be buying and selling them both year round in good numbers.

What our OP is seeing is not that 7mm is not "not selling" it's just that they restock it daily.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts