Is there a list?

Carbide

Looking for list by State of hunting gun restrictions for large game (elk, deer,etc) for caliber (minimum/maximum), gun weight, etc. When I was looking at Idaho a few years ago I recall a maximum gun weight. Guessing the DNR was trying to eliminate mountain to mountain shooting somewhat.
Thanks

I don't mean to highjack this thread but I'm just not sure why there is a limit as to how much your gun weighs!! Can someone clue me into why that is? I don't know how someone can tell me I can't use my 20# rifle to hunt with, it's my back that has to lug it around!! Not that I do carry it very far right now I just would like to know why that's all!! As you can see I'm from the east so hunting out west is only a dream right now. Please fill me in!!

Regs vary with different states, that is how it is. ID, use to have a 65% let off minimum for compound bow, AK had a min. 400 grain arrow. I am not up on current.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.