Is NXS the best?

CPerkins

I've read several posts and noticed that Nightforce is praised for overall quality and the range of adjustment. My question is would this be the best choice for me. I want the best glass I can get as far as clarity and light gathering. I want some adjustment, but I don't have areas that I can shoot extreme long range, so the huge adjustment range of the nightforce is not that important to me. Are there other scopes that will better suit my needs?

If it is not. I ask does one even need one any better. I have the Benchrest 8-32X56 NPR2 and I love it. You can make long range shots and never touch the turrets. There are 2 MOA between cross hairs and you have 30 MOA to use without using click adjustments. You can go way past 1000 yards before you need to use the scope clicks or a tapered base,

Thanks,Keith

While you could get by with something cheaper you will never be disapointed in a NF. I myself have bought several scopes only to turn around and try to sell them a few months later so i could buy "this next scope up". Go ahead and bite the bullet, buy the right thing the firs time around and you usually end up saving money in the long run.

If you got any questions on NF scopes or scopes in general email me or Bill Bailey or call 1-800-522-3314 and ask for Steve or BJ

thanks
steve

I(along with 3 others and the owner of the NSX) have compared 2 NSX to the Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 and the zeiss is way better as far as field of veiw and light gathering. The NSX was like looking through a very narrow tube. The Zeiss has more than enough adjustment if you are shooting under 1000yds. The owners of the NSX thought it would have done better until they saw side by side.

Hard to beat a Zeiss Diavari! You would be happy with one!

McD, I hate hearing that your son had to take his own scope to Bagdad. Our goverment needs to give our boys the best equipment available. I hate taxes, however, if my taxes went to military only instead of funding these stupid liberal programs like well fair, ect, I would not mind if I had to give more to give our boys the best equipment.

Your son in law will be in my prayers. What branch of military does he belong to.

Wildcat

I rank the NXS and the MK4 nearly even. The upper end scopes- S&B, USO are a bit better, but the price increase, in my eyes does NOT justify the gain.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.