Is it worth buying a Rem 700 SPS stock

sunshinegirl

A guy has a SPS stock from a 700 magnum action for sale. Are they worth messing with, as I need a temp replacemnent for my action. I took the glossy BDL off, and sold it. Can't stand shiny stocks. Rachel

I'm not a smith but would think any one of them would tell you to put your $$ toward something else. Bell and Carlson probably has some thing that won't bite your wallet to hard. They may not be the "best" but it's certainly a step in the right direction. This all assumes the SPS stock is just one of the factory "Tupperware" stocks.

A guy has a SPS stock from a 700 magnum action for sale. Are they worth messing with, as I need a temp replacemnent for my action. I took the glossy BDL off, and sold it. Can't stand shiny stocks. Rachel

Rachel, Save your money.

I would not recomend buying because I consider them just a handle and not a stock.

Hence the name "Tupperware" .

I give them away to people with small children that don't know how to take care of a
nice stock. In fact I promised BB the next one I take off. ( Bob seems to make them
work with enough work.

You might look at www,Stockysstocks.com and find a stock you like , and if he has what
you want hi will get it to you in 3 or 4 days.

J E CUSTOM

I heard they were crap but was convinced when i won a 22-250 this spring and went to bed it. It was the biggest joke and sad excuse for a stock i have ever seen. I would actually stick with a wooden stock before i would spend $2.00 for there $20.00 stock.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.