Is Glen Eberle Nuts???

JWaddell

So Eberlestock just released their new rifle chassis system.

Eberlestock M11 Stealth Rifle Chassis

It's an aluminum chassis for rem 700 actions that folds and uses AI mags. It's been on their sight for months with just a "coming soon" tag. It looks awesome, and I've been drooling for it to come out. The only thing I dont get is that it's $1,900!!!!

SERIOUSLY???? $1,900????

An XLR is like $800 and a McRee's is $745 shipped, with a mag.

A **** AI is like $1,100, It just seems like way more $$$ than it should be.

Does this seem a little expensive for what it is, or am I just being a little girl about the high price?

It looks like a pteradactyl died and was resurrected as a rifle.

The reason it may be worth $1900 is that is may be every friggin bit as accurate as an out-of-the-box CZ 550 with HS Precision stock.

In my personal opinion, price gouging has become "normal retail practice", sadly. 1900 is WAY HIGH in my mind. I MIGHT pay 1900 if it rearranged itself like a Transformer and cleaned itself after every range session.

I have rifles that cost 1/2 that , and took 6x6 bulls and 200" muleys. That is nuts, I thought Lonewolf was pricey @ less than 1/2 that:rolleyes:

Man, I could run down the road to Nosler, & walk away with a nice Nosler Custom Rifle for that price with a sub MOA guarantee!
No way id pay that for just a stock!

Someone put some unobtainium in the CNC me thinks :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, me thinks each of these stocks is made 'one off' by an elderly craftsman from a foreign country, using only a round and square file and some sand paper. The secret is in how he threads.:)

I suppose also that the price will come down, due to the nature of manufacturing, after some one buys the first one. :D

If they'd dump the mag and fit it to a Bat M I could be tempted.:rolleyes: even at that starting price with a little dickerin'.

Hmmmm, when his packs came out some time ago they were close to the most expensive out, now it seems everybody is close to the same. Maybe he is just ahead of his time on pricing.

The only way I can figure it is he uses the caviar system of pricing, less cost way more. Or maybe he got the idea for pricing while purchasing a swim suit for his wife. My wifes high speed low drag swimsuit cost what a barrel costs and came packaged in film canister.

Honestly the pricing must reflect the R&D time more than just the materials. At least its not as ugly as the old wood biathalon stock in some of the pack pictures.

Every time something like this pops up it makes me wonder if there is any market research done beforehand, but I'm usually proven wrong and they sell like crazy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.