Is glass beding a Sendero worth the time and $$

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by LopezLad, Sep 22, 2012.

1. LopezLad

LopezLad Member

Any thoughts on if it is worth it to glass bed a Sendero. The rifles are very accurate from the factory and I am not sure if I am capable out shooting it just bone stock. What do ya think?

2. solitude

solitude Active Member

I've been wondering the same thing, and am curious what others results have been with the Sendero.

3. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Yes its worth it, and very easy to do your self. I used jb weld to do mine, took about 2 days with all the waiting. Came out great, and only cost about 20$.

4. Dr. Vette

Dr. Vette Well-Known Member

See how it shoots.

My Sendero has had a trigger job (highly worth the $) and that's all so far. It shoots so well that I haven't taken the time and effort to bed it even though I know how; other rifles have been ahead of it in line.

It can't hurt to bed it, but if it shoot exceptionally well you may not "have" to.

5. Md reloader

Md reloader Well-Known Member

I've wondered about the same thing with mine. I did have to put a Jewell trigger on it. The X-Mark was unbelieveable crap. I probably won't get to the glass bed job this season.

6. jlw

jlw Well-Known Member

bedding really helped mine, really worth doing. IMO:)

7. submoa

submoa Well-Known Member

If it is having fliers it well help there but if it shoots .5 moa better I wouldn't mess with it

8. Md reloader

Md reloader Well-Known Member

I'll get a glass kit from Brownell's as I have 4 700's I can do.My Sendero will do.5moa or better if my eyes will do the job.But, who doesn't want better.

9. ProfessorM

ProfessorM Well-Known Member

I had a 300 RUM Sendero bedded last year and a trigger job. Before, it would average around 3/4 moa at 100 yards. After getting it done, it shoots 210 and 215 Bergers right at 1/2 moa sometimes better if I do my part. For my gun, it helped. I've often read that bedding a rifle will most likely help it, but never will hurt!

10. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

After a great many years of shooting experience I came to the conclusion that it simply isn't worth sending the first round down range with any rifle until it's been free floated and epoxy bedded and the action screws torqued.

In the end you will almost always end up doing so anyhow and at the price of ammo why waste it?

11. midmo

midmo Well-Known Member

are there instructions anywhere on how to glass bed a rifle? or even how to pillar bed a rifle?

12. IdahoRedneck

IdahoRedneck Well-Known Member

Yes check out youtube...many step by step videos there and if you have any sort of hands on skills its not that hard.... My thoughts were " it sure cant hurt" must say though those first few secs wonderin if its gonna pop out and not be glued to stock bout killed me haha....just follow insructions on your release agent to the T and youll be fine.

13. midmo

midmo Well-Known Member

thanks! i will be doing so!

14. Limbic

Limbic Well-Known Member

Every one that I have ever shot (3-4) eventually needed bedding. They were all 7mag or 300WM so there was some serious recoil issues. The first 100-150 rounds were all pretty accurate but overtime the Aluminum block began to loosen. Well lets just say the fit wasnt as tight. I could tell because the guns would begin to shoot two separate groups. Shots 1,3,5,7 ect were together and shots 2,4,6,8 were together. Usually about 1MOA apart.

Not a ton of experience but my 2cents