Is anybody using Meopta Scopes?

jmatson

I was in Cabelas today and looked at a Meota R1 4-16 x44mm Tacti scope and was impressed, I was wondering if anybody is using one?

Last edited:
I was in Cabelas today and looked at a Meota R1 4-16 x44mm Tacti scope and was impressed, I was wondering if anybody is using one?

I have that scope, mounted on a .264 WinMag that I use routinely to hunt antelope. It works well, good optics, holds zero well while crawling through the brush, banging on the ATV, etc. I've not tried it beyond 400 yards, but it works fine for me at 200-400. It's one of several in that class and price range.

I bought the same scope essentially on the advise of a stranger through Euro Optics. I have been an almost exclusive Leupold fan, and was a little hesitant. I decided to to try something new and bought the 4-16x44 mil-dot. I can honestly say this was one of the best decisions I've ever made! I'm a solid fan of the leupold VX III's and own 4 of them. In my opinion, the Meostar is a class above the Leupolds and I have been nothing but impresses with this scope. Euro-Optics was very helpful and I can't say enough about them either. GO MEOPTA !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.