is a encore tmm ultra mag the gun for me

ecksha15

hi guys and girls i am new to all of this and would like some input on using an encore for longer distances out to 4 to 5 hundred yard would like to get a encore for the interchangeable barrels and was really interested in the 7mm ultra mag is this the gun for me or is there a better caliber out theregun)

I think it would be overkill, you could get a 6.5x284 barrel and it would be plenty for 4-500, I have a one shot kill with a 6.5x284 pistol @ 492 yards. Plus it'll have a lot less recoil!

Ecksha I have an Encore & a few years ago inquired about an ultra mag barrel but could not find any one that made one. Bullberry out of Hurricane Utah makes a lot of different calibers for the encore but I will be interested to hear how you come out.
I eventually setteled on a custom build on a 700 rem action, bought a brand new 7mm ultra to tear down for the action , but I'm thinking of a 6mm br for a replacment rig for the encore for just fun shooting varment & targets

I have a Bullberry custom encore barrell in 7mm rem mag, 26 in, heavy sporter contour and it shoots 0.6 moa with Berger 168gr VLD in front of 64 grains of RL 22.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.