Ipod for game calling

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by Browning Boy, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Active Member

Hey there, I will be getting an Ipod and wireless transmitter in the near future. I want to download the game sounds onto it then hook the transmitter up to it and broadcast via boombox or a radio with large speakers and a FM band. I think this will work and I think this could be the cheapest wireless remote caller a guy could get. I don't know what kind of range a guy could get with a setup like this though. What do you guys think?

Thanks for any input!

2. adam

adam Well-Known Member

Those little FM transmitters are probably not going to get you more than a few feet. Not a lot further than from the ipod to the car stereo. I've never used one so I could be wrong, but that is what they are designed for. Unless you used some larger powered transmitter, like for those home wireless music systems.

You could use a long cord spliced to allow plug in directly to your radio. You probably would want to figure out some way to plug in the ipod to a larger battery source, as the battery is small, and they typically use only a very small current to make the music in the ear buds.

Sound like a cool idea overall if the technical hurdles can be broached. You have to love the interface of the Ipod.