iPhone ballistic calc. Apps

shortpants

Do you have to have cell service to run an app on the iPhone 4? If so that sucks cuz I don't get service in a lot of areas I hunt. I've been preloading info into the on-line version of jbm and saving the drop chart as a photo on the phone but when the conditions change it's useless.
Also which iPhone app do you recommend? Someone mentioned shooter was available now for the iPhone but when I did a search for it nothing came up? I am leaning on the bullet flight by runaway tech. My brother uses it and loves it. It looks very user friendly and has a ton of factory ammo saved into it which I like. I would by the $29.99 version.

My brother just got iSnipe and we didn't see a way to 'save sight-in conditions'. Does it do that?

That sure is important if your sight in conditions are dramatically different than your hunting conditions.

Shooter still seems the way to go and I've heard they are working on an iphone and PPCversion of it.

I had iSnipe and didn't get along with it. Most probably not the software's fault, I expect, but never the less. . .

If you have an iPod/iPhone 3GS or better (I think) Shooter will work with it. I just purchased Shooter (iTunes - 9.99).

My iPod is a bit out of date but an email to Sean, the developer, said he'd see what he could do. I like that kind of response.

My iPod is hacked, whatever that means so I can use a bluetooth GPS, which is at least, if not more so, than ballistics software. A fella has gotta know where he is when he's lost.:)

iSnipe is well laid out and seems to work as advertised but I haven't been able to figure out how to save sight-in parameters vs my current shooting parameters. Also, I don't think there is a way to adjust click values. Those are both pretty big deals to me.

I am not sure which programs offer the above options for an iPod but I would personally find one that did.

Scot E.

I had iSnipe and didn't get along with it. Most probably not the software's fault, I expect, but never the less. . .

If you have an iPod/iPhone 3GS or better (I think) Shooter will work with it. I just purchased Shooter (iTunes - 9.99).

My iPod is a bit out of date but an email to Sean, the developer, said he'd see what he could do. I like that kind of response.

My iPod is hacked, whatever that means so I can use a bluetooth GPS, which is at least, if not more so, than ballistics software. A fella has gotta know where he is when he's lost.:)

Yes, I just noticed today that Shooter is now available for ipod, iphone, etc. Definitely appears to be the one to get now...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.