iPhone 4s Ballistic Software

Roy and Scot, I entered a 30 grain tnt 22 mag load in that I have chrono'd at 2300
in my annie several times. It has a g1 of .091. Using my true drops and MV it brings
the speed down to 2065. The book speed is 2200. As this load is dropping below super
sonic at 200 I am sure the bc is off from book and not just the velocity. I am going to
play with it a bit and go out another day to reconfirm my actual field drops to 300. Seems
like the cheapest easiest gun to play with for this as my closest range only has 300 yards.

Scot I agree on the FTE. This program is much easier to use. Litz has done a lot of testing
on bullets and his bc's are about as real as it can get before you add any weather changes
in for your particular day and altitude. You always have the option of entering your own
bullet data with either the g1 or g7 bc function.
The online snyc function is great too. Sean will store your entered data so if you loose your
devise or destroy the data you can re-sync it to a new device. It is very clear in warning you
as to which way the data will sync as well. So no worries on wiping out your info in that
regard.

The sync is the one thing that I can't get to work but I think it is on my end. I don't have WiFi at my house so I have been trying to do it while it is connected to iTunes on my computer. That is another nice feature.

Regarding the Litz BC's, its not that I don't want to use them, I trust his work, it is just that I like to see the numbers in there not the word "Litz" just to make sure they are correct. Yes, I know, I am a bit OCD! :) Can you see his actual BC numbers anywhere to manually add them in? I don't think you can through the app. Maybe I need to buy his book!

Scot E.

Yes, I know, I am a bit OCD! :)
Scot E.

Oh, its the number value you wish to see? I go for that. Thus I don't use bullets from tables, always my own bullet name and bc.

If ya ain't at least a bit OCD ya wouln't fit in around here.:)

Some are a bunch OCD!:rolleyes: Hmmmm, wonder who that could be....

Yea, I'ld like to see the numbers too, but he does do this for his living so I understand.
I'm getting older and have less energy to care. My give-a-shitter isn't completely worn
out, just frazzling around the edges.

Yea, I'ld like to see the numbers too, but he does do this for his living so I understand.
I'm getting older and have less energy to care. My give-a-shitter isn't completely worn
out, just frazzling around the edges.

Now that is funny! Got me laughing out loud!:D

Regarding the Litz BC's, its not that I don't want to use them, I trust his work, it is just that I like to see the numbers in there not the word "Litz" just to make sure they are correct. Yes, I know, I am a bit OCD! :) Can you see his actual BC numbers anywhere to manually add them in? I don't think you can through the app. Maybe I need to buy his book!

Scot E.

I can understand that as well. This business pretty much requires fine attention to detail in every respect.

Have you guys seen if Shooter has the different manufacturers reticles loaded in it like Exbal does so that, given the conditions, you can predict the yardage where bullet impact will be at a given hashmark? My brother had the Leup B&C reticle and this Exbal feature is handy for it.

No, it has a mil or moa range converter. BC reticles aren't much good in long range
shooting. The weather becomes a very large player.

No, it has a mil or moa range converter. BC reticles aren't much good in long range
shooting. The weather becomes a very large player.

So how does that 'range converter' on my NF 5.5-22 with NPR1 reticle work? I dial pretty much 100% of the time, but the Exbal feature will tell you, in a given set of conditions, at what yardage, the next hashmark will be right on, for instance.

Yeah, that Leup 'Boone and Crockett' reticle is on my brother rifle, not mine. Not a fan of BDC reticles at all, BUT the Exbal funtion in question is very important, if you have a BDC reticle, as it will tell you at what yardage, given accurate inputs and in a given set of conditions, a certain hashmark will be right on. Going through this operation in Exbal is an excellent way for shooters to realize just how far off their BDC reticles really are from what the manufacturers say.

It just an entry screen for your moa,iphy or mil reading to convert it to yardage. Same
as a mildot master would do.

I also just figured out that you can e-mail the chart to yourself then cut and paste to excel and it copies perfectly into separate columns and rows. Then you can re-arrange or delete certain rows if you don't use that particular data!

Very nice!

The attachment shows how the chart looks in the app and how it is sent via e-mail.

Scot E.

Attachments

• Trajectory Chart.pdf
    48.3 KB · Views: 129
Got it Scot, thanks. Took me awhile to get the ipod set right to access my mail account.

Do any of these programs work with the Kestrel 4500 with blue tooth and make the charts according to the actual temp, wind etc.
Thanks

From Shooters manual

Using your Bluetooth-enabled Kestrel to load atmospheric conditions
If you have a Bluetooth-enabled Kestrel Weather Meter along with a Bluetooth-enabled device running at least version 2.0 of Android, you can pair them and load the readings from your Kestrel directly into the atmospheric inputs of Shooter. This requires you to download the free plugin "Shooter BT Plugin for Kestrel" from the Android Market. In the shot data input screen, touch the Menu button on your device and choose the "Kestrel Atmosphere" option. A dialog will appear asking if you want to download the plugin from the Market. Choose Yes and download and install the app just like any other application from the Market. This plugin is not an app you can find and launch from the application launcher of Android -- it's only accessible from within Shooter as explained below.
Once you have the plugin installed, follow these steps to get your Kestrel talking to Shooter:

1. Turn on your Kestrel and go into the settings and then "Bluetooth". Set Bluetooth to "On" and then go to "Info" and note down the PIN it shows.
  2. On your Android device, go to Settings (not settings in Shooter, settings of Android itself) and then Wireless & Networks. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled and then go to Bluetooth Settings. Touch the "Scan for devices" option and wait for your Kestrel device to appear under the "Bluetooth devices" section. Once it does, touch that device and a dialog will appear asking for the PIN. Type in the PIN that you noted down in step 1 from your Kestrel. It should now say, "Paired but not connected". Once you do this, you never have to do this again. Android will remember your Kestrel device.
  3. Now open up Shooter and choose your firearm and ammo and then once in the Shot Data input screen, touch Menu and go to "Kestrel Atmosphere". You will be brought to a screen showing your paired devices. Touch the device that is your Kestrel and you will be brought to a screen of the current atmosphere readings from your Kestrel (it can take a couple second to start showing the values). Touch the "Load" button at the bottom to get dropped back to the shot data input screen and those values populated into your atmospheric input fields.
When you're using the plugin, you can touch the Menu button on your device and go to Preferences. Here you can set the Default Device. Choose your Kestrel device from that list and the next time you open the plugin, it won't ask you to choose your device again and take you right to the current readings screen. This saves a little time.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.