IOR Valdata

chain

While looking for a Conquest a stumbled upon a IOR 2.5 X 10 X 42 at a pretty good price. What do you guys think of these?

I have a 4x14x50 with MP8 reticle that I am very pleased with. I would take one any day over a Conquest.

I bought a 3X18X42 with MP-8 reticle from a fellow member here. I'm planning to mount it on my 308 Tactical Rifle. I'll post the result later.

The 2.5-10 is a sweet scope. I have not heard a bad comment on that particular model.
I own one and have had 3 of the 3-18's. All my 18's are gone now but the 10x remains. Nothing wrong with the 18's either, just too heavy for my uses.

The floating dot in the MP8 reticle is great...better than great.
The glass kicks but too.

I've also owned/own 3 of the 4-14 conquests...also fine scopes in a similar price range. Never a problem with any of them.

The 2.5-10 IOR is a fine scope for the money. I have one (SFP) and will likely pick up another (FFP) fairly soon. About the only bad thing I can say is the eye relief is fairly short. I don't have any problems on my light, unbraked 300 RUM with it mounted in the right spot though.

How do you plan on using it? Conquests are nice too but different. Depending upon the model you were looking for you'll likely find a Conquest to have more eye relief, be lighter and some of their reticles may be better for low light. The IOR is built a little more heavy-duty style, has a ton of internal adjustment, very repeatable tracking and the outstanding MP-8 Reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.