IOR Recon or US Optics B25

xFREDRICKx

What would you rather have and why on the below.

The IOR Recon or the US Optics B25
Use for hunting and long range shooting all out to 1 mile

No experience with US optics but have 5 IOR paperweights sitting in the reloading room waiting to get replaced with a brand that will warrantee them.

Same scope. One I believe is a second or third generation, the other is the last generation that was out a couple of years ago.

The MP-8 is by far my all time favorite reticle.

Agreed!

No experience with US optics but have 5 IOR paperweights sitting in the reloading room waiting to get replaced with a brand that will warrantee them.

WOW, all 5 needed warranty work? Please do share for those of us that have not dealt with warranty issues; this might also help the OP in his decision making process.

Be sure to include your warranty and proof of purchase, some legible form of paperwork with your name, address and a brief description of the defect. The unit will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Valdada Enterprises

I have 2 16x, 3 6-24s and a 3-18. Most have been bought used and I am still trying to find out what can be done to fix them.
The biggest problem has been the parallax adjustment binds up when you snug up the rings....Even torqued with a fat wrench.
Had the same problem with a Vortex but they are soo much easier to deal with.

Be sure to include your warranty and proof of purchase, some legible form of paperwork with your name, address and a brief description of the defect. The unit will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Valdada Enterprises

I have 2 16x, 3 6-24s and a 3-18. Most have been bought used and I am still trying to find out what can be done to fix them.
The biggest problem has been the parallax adjustment binds up when you snug up the rings....Even torqued with a fat wrench.
Had the same problem with a Vortex but they are soo much easier to deal with.
They had a run of scopes several years back that the tubes were too thin on to tolerate overtight rings. There's nothing that can be "fixed" on that unless you have damaged the parallax adjustment.

I had one of those, a 6-24x50 and I solved the problem by torquing within spec and adding an additional ring.

There was also one iteration of the 3-18's that had some common problems, those he can probably take care of for you easily.

I've talked to their rep a dozen times and he's a great guy and will take care of you.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.