IOR OR NXS

navymaddog

If you had to pick between the IOR 9-36x56 35mm tube and the Nightforce 8-32x56 30mm tube for long rang 1000 to 1500 yards witch would you pick and why.

Have not played with the new 9-36 IOR but I have shot the 8-32 and 12-42 NF and will tell you that even at these ranges I would pick the power powered 5.5-22 NXS NF.

The verticle elevation adjustment is just to narrow in the higher powered scopes and I personally feel 22x is about as much as youcan use in normal conditions without mirage really causing trouble.

Of the two I have heard alot of good about both so I would say it would be nearly a tossup as to quality and performance. For customer service I would go with the NF.

Kirby Allen(50)

Keep in mind that the IOR scopes are 2nd Focal plane. Also my 2cents tells me to go with the Nightforce. I've looked through both and they seem to be about the same glass with both being equally Superb!. However I've heard a few different times that folks have had problems with Val, the US Distributor. Plus the NXS seems to be much more proven in the field. Saying that I'm still probobly going to buy a IOR at some point to try out. Just because they are about $500 less than the NXS.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.