IOR Bucuresti

mvick

While researching a new scope for my African rifle (HS precision pro-hunter in 375RUM) I linked to this forum while looking at IOR Bucuresti scopes. They seem well thought of. I may buy the 2.5-10X42. Anyone use this scope? Also, can anyone provide me with a contact for Quality Optics- they seem well thought of as well. Does IOR have a website? Any of you other dealer types know of any distributers?

I bought 2 IOR's and various other gadgets from Jim Maloney @ Quality Optics. He's an out standing person to do business with and the only guy that I would buy an IOR from.

Nothing wrong with some of the others, but I know Jim personally, and can endorse him 100% before AND AFTER the sale is complete.

The scope in question, the IOR 2.5-10x42, I have owned previously, and thought it was very good. In a word...TOUGH!!!
Mine was the tactical model, and you may be referring to the hunting version, and I'm unqualified to comment on that scope model in particular.

I thought the eye relief was a little short, but others have not concurred with that assessment.

I have always thought that IOR made a great tactical scope, but never was crazy about the hunting scopes. The fixed power IOR's are one of the best fixed power's out there.

Go with Jim...sakofan....

Another fine source for IORs is
Don UT [email protected]
He has ben known to take trades and services what he sells with the best of them.
Got a 16x IOR on my 300Winmag now but hope to find the funds to put a 2.5x10 IOR with the MP8 reticle on this winter as funds allow.
Jim at Q optics would be a great chioce too.
CJ

[ 08-22-2004: Message edited by: Mach V ]

Hello, We are master distributors or IOR Scopes and Optics. We would be glad to help and answer everyones questions when it comes to IOR. We stock the full line of both hunting and tactical scopes with all the rings, mounts and accesories to boot.
WWW.USAOPTICS.NET
http://www.usaoptics.net
Toll-Free: 1_877_808_8886
EMAIL: [email protected]

We have bookmarked this site and maybe an IOR thread will help answer all your questions. Thanks for your time.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.